United India Car Insurance
United India Insurance Co. was established in the year 1938. Since then UIC has been a renowned name in the general insurance industry. The insurer offers an array of insurance products such as United India car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, two-wheeler, and travel insurance among others.
The incurred claim ratio of 107.06% also indicates positively about the company. Moreover, UIC is known to offer customer satisfaction with its affordable insurance plans.
United India Car Insurance Plan at a Glance with Table
|Incurred Claim Ratio||107.06%|
|Private & Commercial Vehicle Insurance||Yes|
|Vintage Car Discount||Upto 25% on OD Claims|
Why United India Car Insurance?
Their motor insurance policy covers private and commercial vehicles as well as two-wheelers. It provides both comprehensive and liability insurance coverage. It offers protection to you and your car against road emergencies.
With an effective United India car Insurance policy, you can avail cashless repair service at their network garages
Benefits & Features of United India Car Insurance
The major advantages of United India vehicle insurance policy are elucidated below:
- Coverage available for both private and commercial vehicles apart from vehicles running on rail
- An extensive network of cashless workshops pan India
- A host of additional discounts are available this policy
- Speedy online purchase and renewal process
- The hassle-free and quick documentation process
No Claim Bonus in United India Car Insurance
The insurer provides a No-claim-bonus for not making a claim during the term of your vehicle insurance policy. It is a reward that the company provides for using your car prudently. Percentage of NCB on own damage premium is mentioned in the table below:
|Term of Insurance Policy||NCB on OD Premium|
|Previous year||20 percent|
|For two uninterrupted years||25 percent|
|For three uninterrupted years||35 percent|
|For four uninterrupted years||45 percent|
|For five uninterrupted years||50 percent|
Please note that you can avail NCB if you renew your policy within 90 days of the policy expiry date.
Insured Declared Value
The IDV of the four-wheeler and its accessories is fixed on the basis of the sellers’ listed price. And this IDV is considered to be the sum insured of your car insurance policy. And the price is fixed at the beginning of the policy.
However, this selling price is further adjusted for depreciation (given in the table below) on its parts at the renewal/commencement of the policy.
|Below Six months||5 percent|
|Exceedingsix months but not more thanone year||15 percent|
|Exceeding one yearbut not more thantwo years||20 percent|
|Exceeding two years but not more thanthree years||30 percent|
|Exceeding three years but not more thanfour years||40 percent|
|Exceeding four years but not more thanfive years||50 percent|
- IDV for the vehicles that are older than 5 years can be decided mutually between you and the insurance company.
United India Car Insurance Calculator
Using the car insurance calculator you can check the cost of car insurance premium. All you need to do is to fill the following information in the tool:
- Your car details such asRegn. Authority Name, Make Year, model, variant, Registration Location, Date of purchase/Registration, additional covers etc.
- Provide personal details like your age, contact number, profession, etc.
The United India car insurance calculator will utilize the data provided by you and will receive your car insurance premium quote.
Once you agree with the quotation, you can proceed with the payment process.
Types of United India Car Insurance Policies
There are two types of car insurance policies:
- Third-party liability insurance – It is mandatory to buy at least third party insurance for all the vehicle owners in our country. It is designed keeping in mind the safety of a third person (in case of death and injuries) and to financially compensate for third-party property damages from your vehicle.
- Comprehensive car insurance – It is an all-inclusive policy that covers both third-party perils as well as damage to your own car. It also includes add-on benefits that you can avail by paying an additional amount of premium.
United India Third-party Car Insurance Policy
This type of policy secures you financially as per the limit of liability mentioned in the Motor Vehicles Act. The perils covered under the policy are as follows-
- Third party death or accidental injuries caused by an accident.
- Damage to the property of a third-person during the accident/collision
Personal accident coverage for the owner/driver is also included in the United India liability car insurance policy.
Please note the claimant’s cost is decided by the court of law on the basis of the gravity of the damage.
United India Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
If there is any damage to your own car or another vehicle, it is covered under United India Comprehensive Package policy.
Inclusions of United India Car Insurance Policy
A. Own damage cover – The car insurance policy covers loss or damage to the vehicle or accessories due to:
- Natural disasters including cyclone, flood, earthquake, landslide, inundation etc.
- Man-made disasters such as theft, riots, terrorist activities, malicious acts, strikes, are also covered
- External accidental damage
- Lightning, Self-ignition, and Fire
- Damage during the transit ( as specified in the policy)
*The sum assured is subjected to deductions for depreciation as mentioned in the policy documents.
B. Emergency Assistance: If the car breaks down in the middle of the road, roadside assistance is provided to take it to the nearest workshop and the cost repair is also compensated up to the specified limit.
C. Third-party Insurance Cover: It protects you from third-party claims in the event of an accident resulting in third-party death or bodily injuries or property damage. Moreover, the owner/driver also gets Personal accident cover up to the specified sum insured.
Exclusions of United India Car Insurance Policy
United India vehicle insurance will not accept your claim in the following scenarios-
- Loss/damage that has occurred beyond the scope of geographical coverage
- Consequential loss
- Depreciation and routine wear & tear
- Driving the car without your DL
- Contractual liabilities
- Contravention of the policy terms and conditions
- Claims arising when the vehicle is driven by a person after drinking alcohol
Discounts Available in United India Car Insurance Policy
The following are the discounts available on the car insurance premium –
- Discount on Premium for Vintage Cars – Cars that are certified by the Vintage and Classic Cars Club of India and are manufactured before 31.12.40 are eligible for a 25 percent discount on the own damage premium.
- Discount on Automobile Association Membership – Avail 5 percent discount ( max Rs. 200) on the OD premium for private cars
- No Claim Discount- Your prudent driving can earn you a no-claim-discount from 20 to 50 percent based on the number of claim free years.
- Discount upon Installation of Anti-theft Devices -Anti-theft device approved by IRAI can earn you a discount of 2.5 percent up to a maximum of INR 200. The discount applicable is subjected to policy terms and conditions.
- 50 percent discount on car insurance premium for vehicles modified for specially abled people
Add-on-Covers InUnited India Car Insurance Policy
You can extend your coverage under comprehensive/package and third party car insurance policy in the following cases-
- Personal Accident Protection Cover – It covers employees traveling in the car, as well as the passengers ( both named and unnamed)
- Extension of Geographical Area – you can extend your car insurance cover to Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Bangladesh&Maldives by paying an extra amount of premium (Rs. 100 for third party car insurance andRs.500/- for a package policy)
- Fibre Glass Fuel Tank Cover- Avail this benefits by paying only Rs. 50 extra. However, for the miscellaneous type of commercial vehicles, the cost is Rs. 100.
- Electrical / Electronic Fittings – Any such accessories that were fitted separately will be covered after paying an extra premium of 4 percent of their cost.
Inclusions of United India Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Loss or Damage to the Vehicle- Compensation is provided in case of an accident, or natural and man-made calamities. (coverage similar to the private car insurance policy)
- Third-party liability cover ( coverage similar to the private car insurance policy)
- Towing assistance in case of an accident – You can avail of this benefit in case your vehicle is immovable after a collision or accident.
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner-Driver – 100% compensation is provided in case of death, permanent disabilities and loss of both sight and limbs. 50% of compensation is provided in the event of loss of one eye or limb.
How to Compare & Buy United Car Insurance Online?
Within the comfort of your home, you can buy car insurance online from their site. The process requires you to fill out a form, and submit some basic details and pay online. The documents will be mailed to you on your registered email id.
However, it is recommended that you compare car insurance online and assess the inclusions, exclusions, discounts and other services that may be useful for you. You must make an informed decision and buy the right policy as per your needs.
How to Renew United Car Insurance Policy Online / Process
To renew United India car insurance online follow these simple steps-
- Enter the car insurance policy number and expiry date to login
- You will be required to submit your car details and personal information to receive the car insurance renewal
- Once agreed, you can make the payment online with your debit/credit card or through net banking.
United India Car Insurance Renewal
For car insurance renewal you can click on the given link:
For quick car insurance renewal, the link is given below- https://portal.uiic.in/polclaim/quickRenewal/initiateMotorQuickRenewal.do?USERTYPE=CUSTOMER
- You can only renew the policy before 30 days of the expiry date
- Online renewal is not available if a claim was made during the policy period
- Vehicles that are older than fivey ears are not eligible for online renewal of the comprehensive car insurance policy
United Car Insurance Car Insurance Claim Process
The process to file car insurance claim with United India is described below-
- Immediately contact the nearest branch of United India Insurance Company. This will allow the insurer to provide help to you at the location and conduct the survey. You can also find the list of their offices with PAN India addresses and contact on their site uiic.co.in
- If it is a major accident, it is recommended that you do not move it from the place of the incident until it is inspected by a spot surveyor. To be on a safer side, it is advisable that you save their helpline number on your phone.
- At the same time if there is any third-party death or any third party injuries it is essential to inform at the nearest Police Station about the incident. Give them all the details related to accidental injuries/death as the case may be. In case of hospitalization of the injured person, mention the name of the hospital and the doctor.
- In case of third party injuries, police FIR copy needs to be submitted at the office. Remember that the repair should not be started until the damage is assessed by the surveyor and a clean chit is given.
- Once the formalities are completed you can tow the vehicle to an authorized garage. They will give you the repair estimate and the same needs to be submitted with the claim form.A final survey will be done.
- Once the repair work is carried out, pay the deductibles and submit the repair bills for reimbursement. If it is a network garage, the amount will be settled by the insurer.
You can also file a claim for United India car insurance online on the given link https://portal.uiic.in/polclaim/GCclaim/GCCustomerClaim.do
Just enter your policy number or registration number and click on next.