Tata AIG Car Insurance
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited started as a joint venture between (AIG) American International Group and Tata Group. The company began its operations in India in 2001. It is a renowned name in the car insurance industry with a range of comprehensive insurance products designed to meet the customer’s need. TATA AIG has its presence in more than 90 locations across India. The company offers the best car insurance policies in India.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Plan at a Glance –
|Incurred Claim Ratio||79.31|
|Add-on Car Insurance Packages||Gold, Pearl, Pearl Plus and Platinum|
|No-claim Bonus Discount||Available|
|Personal Accident Cover||On Additional premium|
Why Tata AIG Car Insurance?
Tata AIG Car Insurance plan is the most convenient and affordable option to cover up the risks while driving on road. The comprehensive car insurance plan includes various add-on covers like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, No-claim-bonus protection, engine secure to offer you maximum protection in case of accidental injuries or collision.
Tata AIG has 4 add-on car insurance packages namely- Gold Protection Add-On Package, Tata AIG Private Car Insurance Pearl, Tata AIG Pearl Plus and Private Car Insurance Titanium Plan. You can compare car insurance policy features and choose the most suitable package to maintain your peace of mind while driving on the roads.
When there is an option to buy third-party car insurance or comprehensive car insurance, in order to get full protection, it is recommended to buy a comprehensive car insurance policy. Third party insurance covers damage caused to a third person, property or vehicle. Whereas, a comprehensive car insurance policy covers own damage caused to the insured vehicle and third-party damages.
Advantages of Tata AIG Car Insurance
If you buy Tata AIG car insurance policy, you can avail the following benefits –
- A comprehensive plan that provides own damage and third-party cover
- Option to choose from 13 add-on risk covers
- Cashless repair at network garages
- Claim settlement or reimbursement within a week
- 6 months validity for accidental repairs
- No-claim-discount on every claim free year ( regardless of claims arising for repair of plastic, fiber, glass and rubber parts)
- Emergency roadside assistance
- Third-party liability coverage up to Rs 7.5 lakhs
- Coverage available to both the driver and the passengers
- Free-pick facility in case the vehicle is sent for repairing
Tata AIG Auto Secure Car Comprehensive Insurance Plan
In order to cover maximum risks while driving on road, TATA AIG designed Auto Secure Plan to fulfil the customers’ needs.
Car Insurance Inclusions
It will cover the following loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle-
- Accidental damage
- Loss or damage caused due to housebreaking or theft
- Damage due to fire and explosion
- Damage caused by lightning
- Riots and strikes
- Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, storms, rockslide, landslide and cyclone
- Damages from terrorism and malicious activities
- Losses suffered during transit by road, rail, inland waterway, air etc.
Discounts Applicable in Tata AIG Car Insurance
Discount on premium is provided only for own damage cover –
- Installation of the Anti-theft device
- If the insured is a member of a recognized automobile association
Add-on Covers in TATA AIG Car Insurance
Following add-on benefits can be purchased along with a comprehensive insurance plan-
1. NCB Protection
If you have not made any claim during your policy period, you are entitled to a No Claim Bonus (NCB) on your insurance premium. The NCB benefit can be availed for subsequent years up to a maximum of 50%.
When NCB bonus becomes zero if a claim is made, with No-Claim-Bonus Protection Cover the earned NCB can be protected. However, the benefit is only applicable to vehicles lesser than 3 years old. NCB Protection, allows you to make claims in case of – total loss of the insured car, windshield glass replacement or repair, and stolen car or car’s accessories.
2. Key Replacement Cover
In case you have locked out the car, or the car keys are stolen then the cost of replacing the keys will be borne by Tata AIG.
3. Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense Cover
These add-on covers prove to be useful when you are stuck in an accident and need to be transported from the accident location or need to stay at a hotel overnight until the damage is fixed. The insurer pays the expenses equal to the amount approved provided the proofs of the expenditure are submitted.)
4. Roadside Assistance
In case the car breaks down in-between, with this add-on cover you need not fret about the consequences. Under this cover, 24 hours assistance is provided including change of flat tyre, towing, refuelling, and jump-starting the battery, mechanic support and so on.
During such incidences, the insurance company provides on-spot assistance. If you are stranded in a remote area, you can avail taxi service, get emergency accommodation along with other listed benefits.
5. Depreciation Cover
This add-on cover allows you to claim the total cost of replacement of car parts in case of an accidental damage. The depreciation value of the damaged parts won’t be deducted from the claim amount. Thus, helps you save a huge amount.
Usually, it is valid for cars that are less than 5 years of age and can be claimed a maximum of 2 times during the policy term.
6. Car Hire Service
After an accidental damage or theft or total loss of the car, the insurer provides a car on hire until the time the insured car is repaired. In case the alternate car is not available, the insurance provider will reimburse the travel expenses up to the specified limit, for a maximum of 10 days in case of repair claim and 15 days in case of theft/stolen claim.
7. Repair of Rubber, Fiber, Glass, and Plastic Parts
A claim arising for repair of the above-mentioned parts will not affect the no-claim-bonus that you have accrued until the policy renewal. Coverage is limited to only one such claim during the policy period.
8. Personal Belongings Cover
Any loss or damage caused to the personal belongings at the time of accident or collision is recompensed by the insurance company. Items that are being transported for commercial purposes shall not be covered.
9. Consumables Cover
With Consumables Cover, the insured can claim for the small consumable expenses that are incurred on the replacement and repair of nut, bolts, screw, oil etc. As these expenses can be higher in case of a luxury car, this cover comes in handy that reduces the burden of such expenses. It is an ideal choice for the vehicles up to 3 years of age.
10. Engine Secure
It is quite essential to buy engine secure cover if you own a high-end car model and it is less than 3 years old. The coverage is available for non-accidental damages also. In areas where rainfall is heavier than usual, and issues like water logging and increased water level are common, this cover proves to be quite handy.
11. Return to Invoice
If your car is less than 3 years old, then you should definitely buy this add-on cover. In a basic car insurance policy, claim amount will be equal to the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car.
If you want the claim amount to be equal to the on-road price of the car that you paid at the time of purchase then you must buy this add-on cover.
12. Daily Allowance
Till the time your car is out for repair, the insurance company will provide you with daily transport expenses till the car is fixed. It is only valid for 10 days in case of damage repair and for 15 days if the car is stolen.
13. Tyre Secure
With this cover, the insured can claim for the expenses incurred for accidental loss or damage to the car tyres. This cover is applicable on for the cars age up to 5 years.
Table with five car insurance packages by Tata AIG Car Insurance – Gold, Pearl, Pearl Plus, Titanium and Platinum
|Add-on covers||Gold Protection Add-on Plan||Private Car Insurance Pearl||Car Insurance Pearl Plus||Private Car Insurance Titanium||Private Car Insurance Platinum|
|Personal belongings cover||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Key replacement cover||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Emergency hotel and travel expenses||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Replacement and repairs for rubber parts, plastic, and fiber glass||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Engine secure to cover||–||–||Included||–||–|
|Return to Invoice||–||–||–||Included|
Second-hand (Used) Car Insurance Plan
There is a provision to buy comprehensive insurance for second-hand cars also. A form needs to be filled online to apply for the same along with personal details like name, email id etc. and vehicle information like car make and model, age etc.
The car will be surveyed before a car insurance quotation is provided to the proposer. The features and benefits of second-hand car insurance are similar to the other two insurance plans.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Exclusions
Under the following situations, your claim will not be validated-
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical and Electrical Breakdown ( unless accidental) /failures)
- Any consequential loss
- Driving under the influence of drugs and liquor
- Car tube or tyre damage other than accidental damage
- Occurrences outside the geographical limits
- Events at the hand of an unauthorized driver
- Damage resulting due to war conditions or nuclear damage
- Driving without any authorized driving license
Tata AIG car insurance plan considers the Insured Declared Value of your car as the amount of sum assured. It is based on the selling price of the car, as fixed by the manufacturer at the time of policy commencement or renewal.
In case of total loss, the depreciation value calculated on the vehicle is as follows:
|Car Age||Depreciation Value|
|Up to 6 months||10%|
|1 – 2 years||20%|
|2 – 3 years||30%|
|3 – 4 years||40%|
|4 – 5 years||50%|
Depreciation value for car models that are more than 5 years old will be as agreed between the insurance company and the policyholder.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Online Premium Calculator
Using a car insurance premium calculator, you can easily get the amount of insurance premium and entire car insurance quote. It is advisable to use this tool before zeroing down on a car insurance plan. This will give you a fair idea.
You simply need to click on the ‘Premium Calculator’ option and provide the relevant information such as car model number, if it is a new or used car or if you are purchasing or renewing your policy.
With this tool, calculating car insurance premium is just a matter of a few clicks. Here’s a quick rundown of the information that needs to be filled while calculating a premium-
- Your personal details – Name, E-mail ID, Age, Mobile Number, Address etc.
- Car details such as car make, model, and registration date, fuel type, year of manufacture, etc.
- Engine cubic capacity (cc)
- Insurance for car accessories (if any)
- For policy renewal, it is required that you submit car’s registration certificate and current policy details.
On submission of these details, you will receive the quotation.
Buy Car Insurance Online
You can easily purchase TATA AIG car insurance online by visiting the official website of the insurer or approaching an aggregator website. You can use the car insurance premium calculator to evaluate the premium as well. Fill all the required fields in the form and make the payment online. You will get the new car insurance policy instantly and can download it. It will also be emailed to you on your registered email id.
Car Insurance Renewal
- Go on the vehicle insurance online renewal option and fill the form
- Submit details like – policy number, your name, registration number, chassis number, mobile number, email ID.
Once the form is submitted and payment is made, the policy will be renewed instantly. You can download the policy document and can receive the PDF copy over email
- Tata AIG will courier you the Welcome Kit, which will have the printed copy of the vehicle insurance.
Claim Procedure for Tata AIG Car Insurance Plan
For cashless claims settlement, the procedure is as follows –
- In case of an accident or damage to your car, intimate the insurer at their helpline number ( which is accessible round the clock)
- The damaged vehicle will be surveyed by the vehicle insurance company and a loss or damage assessment will be compiled within 2 days
- The insurer estimates the amount and confirmed before it is sent to the workshop for claim settlement
For Reimbursement, the claim settlement procedure is as follows –
- Inform the insurer about the incidence at their helpline number
- The damaged car will be surveyed by the experts appointed by Tata AIG
- They will compile the assessment report within 48 hours of the survey
- Submit all the required documents – claim form, driving license, vehicle registration certificate (RC), a copy of FIR to claim theft, third-party damage, and bodily injuries.
- The claim will be processed, approved and settled
The claim settlement procedure followed by Tata AIG is transparent and hassle-free. They have tie-ups with a huge number of network garages to make it easier for their customers to get the vehicle repaired at the time of urgency.