Tata AIG Car Insurance
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited started as a joint venture between (AIG) American International Group and Tata Group. The company began its operations in India in 2001. It is a renowned name in the car insurance industry with a range of comprehensive insurance products designed to meet the customer’s need. TATA AIG has its presence in more than 90 locations across India. The company offers the best car insurance policies in India.
The insurer has introduced many innovative insurance products to meet the requirements of people from every walks of life. One such product is Tata AIG car insurance. Let’s know about this plan in detail.
Features of Tata AIG Car Insurance
Tata AIG Motor Insurance comes with certain features:
- The policy comes with additional 13 covers that enhance the coverage of the basic policy
- An in-built personal accident cover for owner-driver
- Online renewal and claim registration
Tata AIG Car Insurance Plan Highlights
|Incurred Claim Ratio||79.31|
|Add-on Car Insurance Packages||Gold, Pearl, Pearl Plus and Platinum|
|No-claim Bonus Discount||Available|
|Personal Accident Cover||On Additional premium|
Why buy TATA AIG Car Insurance Policy
Tata AIG motor Insurance plan is the most convenient and affordable option to cover up the risks while driving on road. The comprehensive car insurance plan includes various add-on covers like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, No-claim-bonus protection, engine secure to offer you maximum protection in case of accidental injuries or collision.
Tata AIG has 4 add-on car insurance packages namely- Gold Protection Add-On Package, Tata AIG Private Car Insurance Pearl, Tata AIG Pearl Plus and Private Car Insurance Titanium Plan. You can compare car insurance policy features and choose the most suitable package to maintain your peace of mind while driving on the roads.
When there is an option to buy third-party car insurance or comprehensive car insurance, in order to get full protection, it is recommended to buy a comprehensive car insurance policy. Third party insurance covers damage caused to a third person, property or vehicle. Whereas, a comprehensive car insurance policy covers own damage caused to the insured vehicle and third-party damages.
Advantages of Tata AIG Car Insurance
The various perks of opting for Tata AIG vehicle insurance include:
- Insure your vehicle for a longer time with long-term policy
- Instant policy renewal with the online renewal of Tata AIG car insurance policy
- Avail cashless repair services at more than 3000 garages across the country
- Avail towing assistance in case of vehicle breakdown or collision
Inclusions under TATA AIG Auto Secure Plan
If you buy Tata AIG car insurance policy, you can avail the following benefits –
- A comprehensive plan that provides own damage and third-party cover
- Option to choose from 13 add-on risk covers
- Cashless repair at network garages
- Claim settlement or reimbursement within a week
- 6 months validity for accidental repairs
- No-claim-discount on every claim free year ( regardless of claims arising for repair of plastic, fiber, glass and rubber parts)
- Emergency roadside assistance
- Third-party liability coverage up to Rs 7.5 lakhs
- Coverage available to both the driver and the passengers
- Free-pick facility in case the vehicle is sent for repairing
Tata AIG Auto Secure Car Comprehensive Insurance Plan
In order to cover maximum risks while driving on road, TATA AIG designed Auto Secure Plan to fulfil the customers’ needs.
It will cover the following loss or damage caused to the insured vehicle-
- Accidental damage
- Loss or damage caused due to housebreaking or theft
- Damage due to fire and explosion
- Damage caused by lightning
- Riots and strikes
- Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, storms, rockslide, landslide and cyclone
- Damages from terrorism and malicious activities
- Losses suffered during transit by road, rail, inland waterway, air etc.
- Discounts Applicable in Tata AIG Car Insurance
Available Discount on TATA AIG Car Insurance
Discount on premium under car insurance offered by Tata AIG is provided only for own damage cover in case of:
- Installation of the Anti-theft device
- If the insured is a member of a recognized automobile association
- No claim bonus is offered for not claiming Tata AIG car insurance
Customisable Add-on Covers in TATA AIG Motor Insurance
Following add-on benefits can be purchased along with a comprehensive insurance plan-
1. NCB Protection
If you have not made any claim during your policy period, you are entitled to a No Claim Bonus (NCB) on your insurance premium of Tata AIG car insurance. The NCB benefit can be availed for subsequent years up to a maximum of 50%.
When NCB bonus becomes zero if a claim is made, with No-Claim-Bonus Protection Cover offered by Tata AIG motor insurance, the earned NCB can be protected. However, the benefit is only applicable to vehicles lesser than 3 years old. NCB Protection, allows you to make claims in case of – total loss of the insured car, windshield glass replacement or repair, and stolen car or car’s accessories.
2. Key Replacement Cover
In case you have locked out the car, or the car keys are stolen then the cost of replacing the keys will be borne by the insurer under Tata AIG motor insurance key replacement cover.
3. Emergency Transport and Hotel Expense Cover
These add-on covers prove to be useful when you are stuck in an accident and need to be transported from the accident location or need to stay at a hotel overnight until the damage is fixed. Under emergency transport add-on benefit offered by Tata AIG car insurance, the insurer pays the expenses equal to the amount approved provided the proofs of the expenditure are submitted.)
4. Roadside Assistance
In case the car breaks down in-between, with this add-on cover clubbed with your Tata AIG vehicle insurance, you need not fret about the consequences. Under this cover, 24 hours assistance is provided including change of flat tyre, towing, refuelling, and jump-starting the battery, mechanic support and so on.
During such incidences, the insurance company provides on-spot assistance. If you are stranded in a remote area, you can avail taxi service, get emergency accommodation along with other listed benefits if you buy this cover with Tata AIG motor insurance.
5. Depreciation Cover
This add-on cover allows you to claim the total cost of the replacement of car parts in case of an accidental damage claim under Tata AIG vehicle insurance. The depreciation value of the damaged parts won’t be deducted from the claim amount. Thus, helps you save a huge amount.
Usually, it is valid for cars that are less than 5 years of age and can be claimed a maximum of 2 times during the policy term.
6. Car Hire Service
After accidental damage or theft or total loss of the car, the insurer provides a car on hire until the time the insured car is repaired. In case the alternate car is not available, the insurance provider will reimburse the travel expenses up to the specified limit, for a maximum of 10 days in case of repair claim and 15 days in case of theft/stolen claim, under Tata AIG car insurance.
7. Repair of Rubber, Fiber, Glass, and Plastic Parts
A claim arising for repair of the above-mentioned parts will not affect the no-claim-bonus that you have accrued until the policy renewal. Coverage is limited to only one such claim during the policy period of Tata AIG vehicle insurance.
8. Personal Belongings Cover
Any loss or damage caused to the personal belongings at the time of accident or collision is recompensed by the insurance company. Items that are being transported for commercial purposes shall not be covered.
9. Consumables Cover
With Consumables Cover, the insured can claim for the small consumable expenses that are incurred on the replacement and repair of nut, bolts, screw, oil etc. As these expenses can be higher in case of a luxury car, Tata AIG car insurance with consumables cover comes in handy to reduce the burden of such expenses. It is an ideal choice for the vehicles up to 3 years of age.
10. Engine Secure
It is quite essential to buy engine secure cover if you own a high-end car model and it is less than 3 years old. The coverage is available for non-accidental damages also. In areas where rainfall is heavier than usual, and issues like water logging and increased water level are common, this cover proves to be quite handy along with Tata AIG vehicle insurance.
11. Return to Invoice
If your car is less than 3 years old, then you should definitely buy this add-on cover. In a basic car insurance policy, the claim amount will be equal to the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car. If you want the claim amount to be equal to the on-road price of the car that you paid at the time of purchase then you must buy this add-on cover along with Tata motors insurance.
12. Daily Allowance
Till the time your car is out for repair, the insurance company will provide you with daily transport expenses till the car is fixed. It is only valid for 10 days in case of damage repair and for 15 days if the car is stolen.
Tata AIG Car Insurance List of Exclusions
Under the following situations, your Tata AIG vehicle insurance claim will not be validated-
- Normal wear and tear
- Mechanical and Electrical Breakdown ( unless accidental) /failures)
- Any consequential loss
- Driving under the influence of drugs and liquor
- Car tube or tyre damage other than accidental damage
- Occurrences outside the geographical limits
- Events at the hand of an unauthorized driver
- Damage resulting due to war conditions or nuclear damage
- Driving without any authorized driving license
Varients of TATA AIG Car Insurance Plans
The various types of covers offered under Tata AIG motor insurance include:
|Add-on covers||Gold Protection Add-on Plan||Private Car Insurance Pearl||Car Insurance Pearl Plus||Private Car Insurance Titanium||Private Car Insurance Platinum|
|Personal belongings cover||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Key replacement cover||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Emergency hotel and travel expenses||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Replacement and repairs for rubber parts, plastic, and fiber glass||Included||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Engine secure to cover||–||–||Included||–||–|
|Return to Invoice||–||–||–||Included|
TATA AIG Car Insurance Eligibility
Anyone who lives in India and above 18 years can avail Tata AIG car insurance to insure his/her car.
Tata AIG Car Insurance for Commercial Vehicles
Tata AIG car insurance is also extended to commercial vehicles as well with Auto-secure commercial vehicle insurance. The policy protects the insured vehicle against damages due to natural and man-made calamities.
Features of Tata AIG Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Tata AIG vehicle insurance for commercial vehicles comes with the below features:
- Optimum covers for Passenger Carrying Vehicles, Goods Carrying Vehicles, Taxies and other vehicles such as Tractors, Cranes and Trailers
- Extensive benefits can be ensured through 6 unique add-on covers
- Avail cashless services at 3000+ network garages
Who is Eligible to Opt Tata AIG Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
All the vehicle owners having light and heavy commercial vehicles are eligible to apply for this plan.
TATA AIG Second-hand (Used) Car Insurance Plan
There is a provision to buy comprehensive insurance for second-hand cars as well. A form needs to be filled online to apply for the same along with personal details like name, email id etc. and vehicle information like car make and model, age etc.
The car will be surveyed before a car insurance quotation is provided to the proposer. The features and benefits of second-hand car insurance are similar to the other two insurance plans.
TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Plan
Third party insurance is mandatory in India as per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. Given that, third party insurance under Tata AIG vehicle insurance can be an ideal option that protects the insured against legal liability. The liability can be out of accidental damage to the property of the third party involved in the accidents, bodily injury or death to a person.
Sum Insured or IDV of Tata AIG Car Insurance
Insured Declared Value of your car is considered as the amount of sum assured under Tata AIG car insurance plan. It is based on the selling price of the car, as fixed by the manufacturer at the time of policy commencement or renewal. In order words it is actual market value of your vehicle.
In case of total loss, the depreciation value calculated on the vehicle is as follows:
|Car Age||Depreciation Value|
|Up to 6 months||10%|
|1 – 2 years||20%|
|2 – 3 years||30%|
|3 – 4 years||40%|
|4 – 5 years||50%|
Tata AIG Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Using a car insurance premium calculator of Tata AIG car insurance, you can easily get the amount of insurance premium and entire car insurance quote. It is advisable to use this tool before zeroing down on a car insurance plan. This will give you a fair idea.
You simply need to click on the ‘Premium Calculator’ option and provide the relevant information such as car model number, if it is a new or used car or if you are purchasing or renewing your policy.
With this tool, calculating car insurance premium is just a matter of a few clicks. Here’s a quick rundown of the information that needs to be filled while calculating a premium-
- Your personal details – Name, E-mail ID, Age, Mobile Number, Address etc.
- Car details such as car make, model, and registration date, fuel type, year of manufacture, etc.
- Engine cubic capacity (cc)
- Insurance for car accessories (if any)
- For Tata AIG motor insurance renewal, it is required that you submit car’s registration certificate and current policy details.
- On submission of these details, you will receive the quotation.
How to Purchase Tata AIG Car Insurance Online?
You can easily purchase TATA AIG car insurance online by visiting the official website of the insurer or approaching an aggregator website. You can use the car insurance premium calculator to evaluate the premium as well. Fill all the required fields in the form and make the payment online. You will get the new car insurance policy instantly and can download it. It will also be emailed to you on your registered email id.
However, at the time of buying insurance, don’t forget to compare the plans. Moreover, you can look for Tata AIG car insurance review given by the existing customers, to have a fair idea on the plan and the services.
How to Ensure Smooth Claim with Tata AIG Car Insurance?
Claim is an essential part of your Tata car insurance. That’s why it is necessary you ensure a successful settlement of Tata AIG car insurance claim.
For cashless claims settlement under Tata AIG car insurance, the procedure is as follows –
- In case of an accident or damage to your car, intimate the insurer at their helpline number (which is accessible round the clock)
- The damaged vehicle will be surveyed by the vehicle insurance company and a loss or damage assessment will be compiled within 2 days
- The insurer estimates the amount and confirmed before it is sent to the workshop for claim settlement under Tata AIG motor insurance
For Reimbursement of incurred expenses under Tata Car Insurance, the claim settlement procedure is as follows –
- Inform the insurer about the incidence at their helpline number
- The damaged car will be surveyed by the experts appointed by Tata AIG
- They will compile the assessment report within 48 hours of the survey
- Submit all the required documents – claim form, driving license, vehicle registration certificate (RC), a copy of FIR to claim theft, third-party damage, and bodily injuries.
- The claim will be processed, approved and settled
The claim settlement procedure followed under Tata car insurance is transparent and hassle-free. They have tie-ups with a huge number of network garages to make it easier for their customers to get the vehicle repaired at the time of urgency.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal
Tata AIG has made renewal process very easy by introducing Tata AIG car insurance renewal online. Online insurance aids you with the instant policy renewal, even while sitting at your office, or lying on the bed.
The process of Tata AIG car insurance renewal is very easily, which takes a few clicks and your policy is active again. Let’s know the process of Tata AIG car insurance renewal
- Visit the official website of the insurer
- Navigate through ‘Renewal Online’ option
- Select the policy
- You will need to provide some personal information such as insured name, mobile number, email address, vehicle RC number, policy number etc. to complete Tata AIG car insurance renewal
- Once every related information is provided, proceed to calculate the premium
- Calculate the premium, using Tata AIG car insurance premium
- If the offered premium suits your budget, pay the premium online using various online payment modes and complete the process of Tata AIG car insurance renewal
Once the form is submitted and payment is made, Tata motors insurance policy will be renewed instantly. You can download the policy document and can receive the PDF copy over email if you’ve opted for Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal Online. Tata AIG will courier you the Welcome Kit, which will have the printed copy of the vehicle insurance.
Things to be Mentioned at the Time of Tata AIG Car Insurance Renewal Online
There are certain things to be mentioned at the time of Tata AIG car insurance renewal online. It includes:
- Name of the insured (to be mentioned on TATA AIG car insurance renewal notice)
- Client Id (to be mentioned on TATA AIG car insurance renewal notice)
- Engine number of the vehicle
- Chassis number of your car
- Registration number of your car (to be mentioned on TATA AIG car insurance renewal notice)
It is essential to ensure your Tata AIG car insurance policy is active wherever you drive your vehicle. If the policy is not renewed before the expiry of the renewal date, you can’t claim the policy in case of an emergency. That’s why on-time TATA AIG car insurance renewal is essential.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
Tata AIG car insurance customer care is the single point of contact where you can register your claim or complaints.
- toll free number: 1800 266 7780 / 1800 22 9966 (only for senior citizen policy holders)
Email Id – email@example.com
TATA AIG Car Insurance Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How does No Claim Bonus Work?
For every claim free year, the insured will get the following percentage of No-claim-bonus (NCB):
|Claim Free Years||Percentage of No-Claim-Bonus|
|5 years||Max up to 50%|
NCB is valid only on the own damage premium amount
Q2. Is NCB transferable?
No-Claim-Bonus is only transferable to the spouse of the policyholder after the demise of the policyholder. If the car insurance is purchased in the name of a company, then it can be transferred in the name of a person after he/she provides the NOC from the insured company.
Q3. What are the documents required to transfer car insurance?
To transfer your TATA AIG vehicle insurance from one vehicle to another, you need to submit the following documents to your insurance provider –
- Form 29/30
- Conveyance or Sale Deed
- New Registration copy of the vehicle
- New application form
- Insurance proof of the old vehicle
Q4. What are the procedure to of retaining acquired No Claim Bonus at the time of selling the vehicle?
No-Claim-Bonus can only be claimed within 90 days from the date of sale of the insured vehicle. If you have earned No Claim Bonus with your existing TATA car insurance, the same can be retained only after cancelling the existing TATA AIG vehicle insurance policy. The reserving letter is only valid for 3 years from the date of transfer. You will need to submit the following documents to the insurance company at the nearest branch in order to retain NCB bonus-
- Original insurance documents with the certificate (form 51)
- Insurance proof
- Cover letter ( with a reason of cancellation)
- Form 29/30 (Sale Deed for attaining No-Claim-Bonus reserving letter)
Q5. What are the add-on covers that are available under Tata Motors Insurance?
You can choose from Tata AIG Gold, Tata AIG Pearl, Tata AIG Pearl Plus, Tata AIG Platinum or Titanium as per your insurance need. Tata AIG car insurance provides the following add-on covers-
- Emergency roadside assistance
- Key replacement cover
- Personal belongings cover
- Depreciation cover
- Daily allowance
- Consumable expenses
- Repair of glass, plastic parts, rubber, and fibre
- Emergency hotel and transport expenses
- Engine and tyre secure
- Return to invoice (only for new cars)
- No-Claim-Bonus protection
- Courtesy/hire car
Q6. Can I avail cashless repair service?
Tata AIG has a number of network garages on their panel. You can avail cashless claim settlement at any of these registered workshops and claim your TATA AIG Motor Insurance accordingly.
Q7. What is the benefit of having roadside assistance cover?
24 hours roadside assistance cover comes in handy along with Tata AIG vehicle insurance, if the car breaks down in the middle of the road. – This includes services like towing, change of flat tyre, battery jumpstart, refuelling, and so on.
If you are stuck in any such situation, the insurer will provide assistance on-the-spot. The other assistance offered are- taxi service and emergency accommodation facility.
Q8. What is Insured declared Value (IDV)?
IDV is taken into consideration while calculating the car insurance premium. IDV is the current market value of a car, which is calculated after deducting the registration cost and depreciation on its fitted parts. The depreciation on the ID non-factory fitted parts is calculated individually. That’s why it is important the settles for the right IDV while buying Tata AIG vehicle insurance.
What are the factors affecting Tata AIG vehicle insurance premium?
The car insurance premium of Tata car insurance is affected by certain factors such as:
- Cubic capacity of the engine
- Age of vehicle
- Geographical Zone
- Type of Model
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Q9. What are the documents required to claiming Tata motors insurance?
In case of accidental damages claim, you need to provide the following documents:
- Duly signed claim form
- Valid RC copy of the vehicle
- Valid driving licence copy
- Policy document
- FIR, if required (in case of theft, third party injury/damage)
- Original repair bill, proof of release and cash receipt
- Any other related document
Q10. What is the procedure of Tata AIG car insurance renewal online?
Tata AIG motor insurance renewal is possible online as well. You just require to visit the official website of the insurer, fill the required form by providing relevant information, calculate the premium and pay online. This way, instant Tata AIG car insurance renewal is possible online.