Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited is a branch of Sundaram Finance. The company offers a number of innovative and comprehensive insurance solutions in various sectors including – motor, health, personal accident, travel etc. Royal Sundaram car insurance is a renowned name in the motor insurance industry.
Why do you need Car Insurance?
If you own a car, it is mandatory for you to have car insurance in India. There are two types of car insurance. One is third party car insurance; it only covers the damage caused to a third-party property, vehicle or person. The damage caused to you and your own car will only be covered by a comprehensive car insurance plan.
Accidental damage or collision can impose huge risks on your own safety while driving your car. If you have a comprehensive motor insurance policy in place you don’t need to run from pillar to post in the event of a car accident or collision.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plan at a Glance
|Incurred Claim Ratio||82.78%|
|Personal Accidental Cover||Up to Rs. 2 lacs|
|Third-party Cover||Up to 7.5 lacs|
|Depreciation Waiver Cover||Add-on Cover|
Why Royal Sundaram Car Insurance?
Have a look, why it is worthwhile to buy a Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plan –
- Obtain instant car insurance quotes online
- Free inspection of the car at your doorstep
- Cashless claim settlement across the country
- Emergency 24/7 roadside assistance
- Towing assistance is provided, in case it is not possible to provide on the spot repair assistance
- Round-the-clock customer support
- A dedicated relationship manager to take you through the claim process
- Service and repair work
Advantages of Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Free roadside assistance kit
- 100% invoice price insurance cover
- Cashless service in more than 3300 network garages
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plan Inclusions
Car Shield – Royal Sundaram Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
This package is designed to offer a complete protection for your prized possession. Check out the policy features and benefits-
Key Features of Car Shield Comprehensive Plan
- Car loss or damage cover
- No maximum limit on Third-Party liability cover ( including death and bodily injuries)
- Third-party property damage cover up to a maximum of Rs. 7.5 lakhs.
- Personal Accident Cover for owner/driver, passengers, and paid driver
Extra Discounts Available in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- If you are a member of Automobile Association of India, you can avail 5% of discount on the Own Damage Premium (Max up to Rs.200)
- By reducing the limits of liabilities for third-party property damage, avail a discount of Rs. 100
- Voluntary Deductibles – Avail 35% discount on Own Damage Premium, up to a maximum of Rs. 2,500.
- Transfer of No Claim Bonus (NCB) – Easy to transfer NCB from your previous policy, while renewing car insurance with Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Online.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Add-on Benefits
By including essential add-on covers to your comprehensive motor insurance policy, you can enjoy your peace of mind.
Basic Royal Sundaram car insurance policy will only cover loss or damage to your car including third-party and theft cover. If you want to make your car risk-ready, here are a few add-on covers that you can buy in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance plan-
- Spare Car Cover – In case the insured car breaks down in the middle of the road, Royal Sundaram car insurance provides daily cash benefit. This add-on will cover up your conveyance expenses, while your car is in the garage for repair.
- New Engine protector – It covers damages caused to your car’s gearbox parts, steering pump, and engine parts. Damage caused due to leakage of coolant or lubricating oil or water ingression are eligible for a claim.
- Depreciation Waiver Cover – For partial loss claims, depreciation on metal and plastic parts is waived-off.
- Windshield Glass Cover – If your windshield glass is damaged, it will be replaced. Moreover, it will not affect your No-Claim-Discount.
- Loss of Baggage Cover – In case the baggage in your car is lost or damaged, with loss of baggage cover, you can get reimbursement for the same.
- Full Invoice Price Insurance Cover – If the car is stolen or is totally damaged, full reimbursement is provided as mentioned in the invoice of the car.
- Key Replacement Cover – In case your car keys are lost or stolen, they will be replaced with a new set of lock, keys, and lockset. Your No-Claim-Bonus will not be affected with a claim made under this clause. Provided no other claims were made for any loss or damage.
- Voluntary Deductible Cover – If you opt for voluntary deductibles ranging from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 15000, you can avail 15% to 35% discount on Own Damage Premium.
- Tyre Cover – Usually, damage caused to car tubes and tyres are covered only if it is an accidental damage. If you want to cover non-accidental damage caused to your car tyres then you should opt for this add-on benefit.
The cost of tyre/tube replacement and repair is provided in case –
- Car’s tyres are flattened while applying hard brakes
- Due to impact burst and cuts
- Impact bulging of side walls ( any manufacturing defect or environmental damage will not be covered)
- Flat tyre
Exclusions under Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Plan
Royal Sundaram car insurance will not cover any damage resulting due to–
- Any accidental damage or liabilities arising outside the Geographical Area
- Contractual liabilities
- Use of the insured vehicle for any other purpose than mentioned in the insurance documents
- Anyone who is driving without a driving license
- Claims arising due to consequential losses
- Damages resulting from ionizing radiations, combustion of nuclear fuel
- Any accidental Loss or Damage by or arising from nuclear weapons
- Any accidental Loss Damage arising due to war conditions, the act of foreign enemies, or warlike Operations
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim Process
For filing a claim, you need to write at email@example.com or call
their helpline number at 1860 425 0000.
- Intimate Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Company as soon as possible. Share with them your policy particulars
- Repairing assistance will be provided after the survey of the vehicle
- Once the claim intimation is provided and cashless repair estimate is provided, the survey will be arranged
- For verification and return, the original driving license and RC need to be submitted to the insurer
- Duly signed and filled claim form needs to be submitted to the surveyor.
- If the insured car is in the name of a company, the signature of an authorized personnel and company seal needs to be affixed in the claim form
- FIR should be filed in case of a third-party injury, death or property damage
- Depending upon the claim requirement, you may be asked to submit additional documents.
- Cashless repair services can be availed if all the documents are in the required order
- The vehicle will be sent for re-inspection if required
- The cashless claim will be processed once original bill along with satisfaction voucher is provided
- For claim reimbursement claims, original invoice with cash receipt is required
- In case of theft claims, the detailed theft claim process letter will be sent your address through Registered Post
Documents Required for Claim Intimation with Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Name of the Insured person
- Name of the Driver
- Contact Details
- Policy Number
- Time & Date of accident
- Car make and model
- Vehicle number
- Location of Incidence
- Brief description or an overview of how the incident took place
- If the person who is intimating the claim is not the policyholder, then insured’s contact details also need to be submitted
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Claim Procedure for Theft
- Immediately file a police report if you find that your car is stolen
- Once the police report is filed, inform the car insurance department at Royal Sundaram.
- Your car insurance claim will not be processed until you have filed a police report
- Provide the insurer will all the details including the details of car loan or lease along with an FIR.
- They will ask for your car’s description, driving record, service history, mileage etc.
- Provide them a list of other personal belongings that are stolen
- Remember to inform the RTO about the theft of your car
- Inform the insurer, if the vehicle is recovered by the police
- On recovery, Royal Sundaram insurance provider will recompense the damages caused to your car. They will compensate for items that are stolen. This is subjected to policy terms and conditions.
- If your car is not recovered, a Non-Traceable Certificate will be issued by the police. The court will provide a final report (under sec 173 Crpc).
- If the insured car was taken on loan, then the insurance company will directly settle the claim with the financier. The amount reimbursed will be equal to the Insured Declared Value or IDV. IDV depends on your car’s market value and usage.
What to do in case of an Own Damage Claim?
- If anyone suffers from injuries during an accident, medical help should be immediately arranged.
- Note down the name of the people involved and vehicle numbers.
- Avoid any negligence and do not commit to anybody regarding compensation.
- Before filing a claim for theft, death, bodily-injury, third-party property damage and burglary, a police report should be filed. Same should be done in case there is any damage resulting from riots, malicious acts, terrorist activities or strike.
- In case there is a major accident, do not fiddle around the spot of incidence. Do not try to start the engine or drive the vehicle, until it is assessed by the surveyor.
- If the vehicle is in movable condition, try to take the vehicle to the nearest workshop. They will give you a detailed estimate of the repair work including the labor charges and parts replaced.
- No alterations should be made at the place of the accident until it is assessed by the surveyor. All the parts and accessories should be intact.
- Immediately inform the insurer about the accident, loss or damage
- Fill the complete claim form and submit it to the insurer
- For cashless settlement, get in touch with the insurance company, they will make the payment to the repairer directly
- Original Documents with photocopies should be submitted. They will be verified and sent back to you.
- Original car registration book
- Valid car driving license
- Copy of the police report (FIR)
- Documentation for submission.