HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC Ergo car insurance is a viable option as it offers a multitude benefits including 24*7 assistance and cashless claim settlement in more than 5300 network garages PAN India.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a joint venture company. Wherein, HDFC holds a 51% of share and 49% of share is held by ERGO International AG. It is the 3rd largest General insurance company in the private sector. Furthermore, HDFC Ergo is trusted by more than 75 lakh customers and is one of the most reputed insurance companies in our country.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance at a Glance
|HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Key Features||Highlights|
|Incurred Claim Ratio||76.90%|
|Coverage for Personal Accident||INR 1 lac.|
|Insurance Cover Available||Both private and commercial|
Why HDFC Ergo Car Insurance?
The cost of car repairing and replacing its damaged parts after an accident or collision can mess up your entire savings. If you love your car and do not want to feel financially drained in case of an accidental collision or damage, you must buy an adequate car insurance plan.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance will reimburse such expenses, and provide the required financial assistance in case the damage is caused to your own vehicle or to a third-person, third-party property or vehicle. For more benefits, you can opt for add-on covers like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, repairing assistance at the registered workshops, conveyance benefits, key replacement cover etc.
Moreover, HDFC ERGO provides round the clock assistance to its customers to ensure them a convenient and a hassle-free experience. You can reach out to them at 1800 2700 700 or email email@example.com
Benefits and Features of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Policy
- 24*7 customer support
- Quick and transparent claim settlement process
- Cashless claim service in more than 5300 network workshops PAN India
- Estimated approval within 24 hours, of vehicle reaching garage
- No Claim Bonus benefit
- Easy to renew and buy car insurance online
- Paperless documentation
Sum Insured or IDV
It is the Insured Declared Value which is equal to the market value of the vehicle. However, for a car that is more than 5 years old, its IDV can be mutually decided by the insurer and the insured. While calculating IDV of a vehicle, its model, age, brand etc. are taken into consideration. The compensation that is provided by the insurer is equal to the vehicle’s IDV.
No-Claim-Bonus on HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Premium
No-claim-discount or No-claim-bonus is the reward that the policyholder gets from the insurer for not making an insurance claim during the policy period. So, this reward is provided in the form of discounted vehicle insurance premium.
Inclusions of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
1. HDFC Ergo Comprehensive Car Insurance
It covers damage caused to the vehicle due to natural & man-made calamities such as:
- Theft, Burglary or Housebreaking
- Accidental damage ( external)
- Self-Ignition, Fire, and Explosion
- Any Malicious Act, Riots, Terrorism
- Flood, Earthquake, Landslide, Storm
- Transit by Rail, Road, Lift, Inland Waterways
2. HDFC Ergo Third-Party Legal Liability Insurance
The insurer offers assistance in case there is –
- Any damage caused to the property of a third-person
- An accidental death or bodily injury caused to a third party
3. HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Coverage for Personal Accident
In case of any accidental injuries, the cost incurred on driver’s treatment will be reimbursed. INR 1 lakh is the limit for personal accident compensation in the event of total disabilities or accidental death of the owner/driver of the insured vehicle.
The passengers can also be covered by paying an additional amount of premium.
Exclusions of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC Ergo car insurance claim will be denied if it arises out of the following circumstances-
- Vehicle Depreciation
- Electrical or Mechanical breakdown ( unless accidental collision)
- If the driver is found to be driving after consuming liquor or drugs
- Any type of consequential loss
- Loss/Damage attributable to War /Mutiny/Nuclear risks
- Damage to tyre and tubes
- Loss/Damage that has occurred outside India
- Any mishap resulting due to overloading the Insured Vehicle
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Add-on Covers
To enjoy full protection on your vehicle insurance policy, it is always better to upgrade your HDFC Ergo comprehensive car insurance with these additional benefits-
1. Zero Depreciation or Zero Dep. Cover –
By opting for HDFC Ergo zero depreciation car insurance cover, the policyholder can enjoy complete coverage without deduction of the depreciation value. The insured gets the entire sum assured irrespective of the car depreciation value, if only it is an accidental claim.
2. NCB Protection
No-claim bonus is the discount earned for every claim-free year. At the time of policy renewal or accidental claims, the No Claim bonus discount is carried forward.
It is only applicable in the following cases – If there is damage to the windshield by an external object or an accidental damage to a parked vehicle(external damage only). It also covers damage resulting due to floods, earthquake, etc. while the vehicle is parked.
3. Down Time Protection
If the car has been sent for repair after an accident or it needs to be replaced, and there are no alternative means of transport available; then the conveyance cost will be reimbursed as per the policy.
4. Engine and Gear Box Protection Cover
It acts as a savior in case of any loss or damage caused to your car from flood conditions; heavy rains – leading to hydrostatic lock. Dealing with such unpredictable losses can be an expensive affair. To save yourself from a financial shock, opt for this add-on cover and feel secured.
It includes – Labor charges, replacement or repairing cost of internal parts, compression tests and other charges as mentioned in the policy wordings.
In case of total loss, once time cover is provided. In case of partial loss, you can file a claim only 3 times. Maximum compensation of Rs.500 per day is provided for private vehicles. In case of partial losses, it is applicable only for 5 days and in case of total loss, it is valid for 15 days.
5. Key Replacement cover
Imagine a situation where you have lost or misplaced your car keys and are stuck on the road. What will you do? Anyone can get panic in such a situation. The only way to feel secure is by having key replacement cover in your vehicle insurance plan.
6. Cost of Consumable Items
Those who opt for this cover can save a lot of money that is spent on replacement and purchase of consumable items, once they are rendered unfit for further usage. HDFC Ergo car insurance will recover the cost. It includes the following consumable items- Engine oil, lubricants, coolants, nut, bolt, battery water, gaskets, washers, clips, bearings, and ac gas filters.
7. Emergency Assistance Service Programme
If you opt for this add-on benefit, HDFC Ergo Car Insurance will provide 24*7 roadside assistance if there is an accident or any mechanical or technical breakdown to ensure a pleasurable drive. However, the emergency assistance is subjected to your geographical location. It includes –
- Battery Jump Start
- Fuel delivery
- Tyre change
- Duplicate Keys
- On-site repair assistance
- Lost Keys and lock recovering assistance
- Towing and Removal Assistance
8. Return to Invoice
In case the car is damaged or stolen, usually, the insurer pays the IDV of the vehicle. Opt for this benefit, if you want to recover the amount of difference between the Insured Declared Value and ex-showroom value. It is not applicable in the absence of a police FIR report and if a stolen car is recovered within 90 days.
For detailed information kindly refer to the HDFC Ergo car insurance policy wordings.
Optional Covers in HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
On payment of additional premium, you can buy a number of optional covers –
- Insurance for electrical /non-electrical items
- The owner/driver can avail Personal Accident or PA Cover
- PA cover for named/unnamed passengers
- PA cover for a paid driver/employee
- Legal liability to non-fare paying passengers and a paid driver
- Cover for vehicle tyres, bumpers, headlights etc.
- Use of commercial type vehicles for both commercial and private purposes
HDFC Ergo Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Commercial Vehicle Insurance is valid for both private and public carrier of goods, passenger carrying vehicles, trailers, tractors, shovels, excavators etc.
Commercial vehicle insurance is required to secure your business from any financial burden arising out of an accident or collision of the vehicle. Moreover, it covers third-party legal liabilities arising as a result of the death of a third-person, or an accident resulting in bodily injuries of a third-person and also third-party property damage from your vehicle.
Here are the Inclusions of HDFC Ergo Commercial Vehicle Insurance-
1. Damage caused to the insured vehicle due to –
- Theft and housebreaking
- External accidental damage
- Explosion, fire, and self-ignition
- Whilst in transit
- Malicious acts or terrorist attacks
- Natural disasters
2. Personal Accident Cover-
Compensation is provided for medical treatment of the owner/driver. However, you can opt to include the co-passengers by paying an extra amount of premium.
3. Third Party Legal Liability Cover-
- The policy covers damage caused to a someone else’s property from the insured commercial vehicle
- It also covers, injuries and accidental death of any third party
- Any damage to property owned by the third party
Factors Taken Into Consideration While Calculating HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Premium
To calculate car insurance premium, HDFC Ergo Car Insurance takes into consideration the following factors-
- Place of Registration
- Sum Insured or Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Vehicle Type
- Vehicle Age
- Fuel type
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Premium Calculator
By using a car insurance premium calculator you can compute the premium for car insurance online and then compare the policy. However, the amount of premium is not the only criterion to buy vehicle insurance, but it gives you a clear idea of the motor insurance prices.
The advantages of a car insurance premium calculator are as follows-
- It is easier to compare car insurance online
- You can check how various add-on benefits and optional covers affect your premium
- It helps you make an informed decision
- Saves both time and effort
How to Calculate Premium with Online Premium Calculator?
Go to the HDFC Ergo car insurance premium calculator page. Then click on calculate premium tab and submit the following details to get instant car insurance quotes online –
1. Calculating Premium for News Cars- In the case of new car insurance, the details required are as follows–
- Coverage type (comprehensive or third party car insurance)
- Car registration date
- Name of the manufacturer
- Car model
- City of registration
- Add on covers
2. Calculating Premium for Used Cars – For used cars, you have to submit details like your vehicle’s first sales invoice date, the city of registration, the name of the model and manufacturer, registration date and IDV.
3. To calculate motor insurance renewal premium, you can simply visit this page: https://www.hdfcergo.com/OnlineProducts/MotorOnline/Renewal/frmRenewal.aspx
How to Compare and buy Car Insurance Online?
The right way to select the best car insurance policy is by comparing different car insurance plans. Broadly, HDFC ERGO car insurance policies are divided into two categories – One is third-party liability insurance, and the second is comprehensive car insurance. It is applicable for both private and commercial vehicles.
And it will take just a few minutes of your time to compare and buy vehicle insurance online. Let’s see how –
To compare car insurance quotes you can Click here and submit your car details, then calculate car insurance premium. Once all the info is provided, make the payment online and instantly download a copy of your motor insurance policy.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Renewal
Often, most of us fail to renew our car insurance on time. For this reason, online car insurance renewal is the best option. It saves both our time and effort. It offers the convenience of comparing different benefits while renewing the car insurance policy.
Furthermore, HDFC Ergo offers the provision of renewing your expired vehicle insurance policy with the ease of virtual inspection. Their self-vehicle inspection allows you to share videos and images of your vehicle for inspection. Based on them your policy will be renewed without wasting much of your time.
How to Renew HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Online?
Here’s how you can renew your HDFC Ergo car insurance online-
- Visit the insurer’s site and go to the Instant Renewal option
- Submit the required vehicle insurance policy details
- Choose the additional benefits for enhanced protection
- Once the details are provided, you will receive the HDFC Ergocar insurance renewal quote
- Now pay the premium online and your car insurance policy will be renewed
Claim Procedure for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
The company follows a speedy and transparent claim settlement process as elucidated below-
1. Claim Reimbursement Process-
- You can file a claim request on their mobile application or call them at their toll-free helpline number
- Post your request, the damage will be assessed by an HDFC examiner
- Then, you need to provide the duly signed and filled claim form
- You also need to provide all the necessary documents to process the claim
- After this, claim updates will be sent on your email-id or mobile number
- You can then choose to pay online or through cheque
- Once the process is completed the insurer will give you the claim computation sheet for your records.
2. Cashless Claim Procedure-
- A list of network garages is provided on the insurer’s site. You can check them online or call them at their helpline number for assistance.
- Firstly, drive your damaged car to the nearest workshop for repair. You can also get your vehicle towed.
- After that, the car will be surveyed by an assessor
- Submit the documents along with the claim form
- Updates will be sent to you on your mobile number and email id
- Once the repair work is completed; you can pay-off the deductibles and depreciation value to the workshop and take it back home. The insurer will settle the balance as per the sum insured.
- Furthermore, you will get the HDFC Ergo car insurance claim computation sheet for your records.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. What are the factors that affect car insurance prices?
Here are the factors that affect the insurance premium of a car –
- Age of the car
- City of registration
- Type of the car
- Sum Insured or IDV
- Fuel Type
Q2. What is a no-claim-bonus in motor insurance?
You earn No-claim-bonus for using the vehicle prudently. If you do not make any claim during the policy years, you are awarded a No-claim-discount on the motor insurance premium. NCB is accrued to your account while renewing the policy.
Q3.What are add-on covers available in HDFC Ergo car insurance?
You can avail the following add-on benefits by paying an additional premium-
- Zero Depreciation Benefit ( excluding battery and tyres)
- Protection cover for Gearbox and Engine
- NCB Protection
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Coverage for Consumable Items
- Replacement of Car Keys
- Return to Invoice
Q4. What are the factors that affect the car insurance quotes?
Car insurance premium is the amount that you pay every for the benefits that you get with the policy. However, these are the factors that are taken into consideration to calculate the amount of premium that you pay to the insurer-
- City of car registration
- IDV of your car
- Car type
- Car’s age &
- Fuel type
Q5. How to purchase HDFC car insurance policy online?
Yes, it is possible to get the policy online and the process is described below-
- Fill the form to get an estimate of your car insurance premium as per your car make, type, and model
- Fill your personal details like your name, email, and address.
- Now pay the premium online and get instant confirmation of your car insurance