HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC Ergo car insurance is a viable option as it offers a multitude benefits including 24*7 assistance and cashless claim settlement in more than 5300 network garages PAN India.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd. is a joint venture company. Wherein, HDFC holds a 51% of share and 49% of share is held by ERGO International AG. It is the 3rd largest General insurance company in the private sector. Furthermore, HDFC Ergo is trusted by more than 75 lakh customers and is one of the most reputed insurance companies in our country.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance at a Glance
|HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Key Features||Highlights|
|Incurred Claim Ratio||76.90%|
|Coverage for Personal Accident||INR 1 lac.|
|Insurance Cover Available||Both private and commercial|
Why HDFC Ergo Car Insurance?
The cost of car repairing and replacing its damaged parts after an accident or collision can mess up your entire savings. If you love your car and do not want to feel financially drained in case of an accidental collision or damage, you must buy an adequate car insurance plan.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance will reimburse such expenses, and provide the required financial assistance in case the damage is caused to your own vehicle or to a third-person, third-party property or vehicle. For more benefits, you can opt for add-on covers like personal accident cover, roadside assistance, repairing assistance at the registered workshops, conveyance benefits, key replacement cover etc.
Moreover, HDFC ERGO provides round the clock assistance to its customers to ensure them a convenient and a hassle-free experience. You can reach out to them at 1800 2700 700 or email email@example.com
Highlights of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance
- More than 5800 cashless garages
- Overnight car repair services
- 24*7 customer support
- Quick and transparent claim settlement process
- Estimated approval within 24 hours, of vehicle reaching garage
- No Claim Bonus benefit
- Easy to renew and buy car insurance online
- Paperless documentation
- In house claim assistance
- Instant online renewal
Sum Insured or IDV
It is the Insured Declared Value, which is equal to the market value of the vehicle. However, for a car that is more than 5 years old, its IDV can be mutually decided by the insurer and the insured. While calculating IDV of a vehicle, its model, age, brand etc. are taken into consideration. The compensation that is provided by the insurer is equal to the vehicle’s IDV.
No-Claim-Bonus on HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Premium
No-claim-discount or No-claim-bonus is the reward that the policyholder gets from the insurer for not making an insurance claim during the policy period. So, this reward is provided in the form of discounted vehicle insurance premium. The below tables will show how much NCB you can earn under HDFC ERGO car insurance:
|Tenure of Insurance||NCB Discount to be Availed on own Damage|
|for one claim-free year||20%|
|for 2 consecutive years||25%|
|for 3 consecutive years||35%|
|for 4 consecutive years||45%|
|for 5 consecutive years||50%|
Inclusions of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
1. HDFC Ergo Comprehensive Car Insurance
It covers damage caused to the vehicle due to natural & man-made calamities such as:
- Theft, Burglary or Housebreaking
- Accidental damage ( external)
- Self-Ignition, Fire, and Explosion
- Any Malicious Act, Riots, Terrorism
- Flood, Earthquake, Landslide, Storm
- Transit by Rail, Road, Lift, Inland Waterways
2. HDFC Ergo Third-Party Legal Liability Insurance
The insurer offers assistance in case there is –
- Any damage caused to the property of a third-person
- An accidental death or bodily injury caused to a third party
3. HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Coverage for Personal Accident
In case of any accidental injuries, the cost incurred on driver’s treatment will be reimbursed. INR 1 lakh is the limit for personal accident compensation in the event of total disabilities or accidental death of the owner/driver of the insured vehicle.
The passengers can also be covered by paying an additional amount of premium.
Exclusions of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC Ergo car insurance claim will be denied if it arises out of the following circumstances-
- Vehicle Depreciation
- Electrical or Mechanical breakdown ( unless accidental collision)
- If the driver is found to be driving after consuming liquor or drugs
- Any type of consequential loss
- Loss/Damage attributable to War /Mutiny/Nuclear risks
- Damage to tyre and tubes
- Loss/Damage that has occurred outside India
- Any mishap resulting due to overloading the Insured Vehicle
- HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Add-on Covers
To enjoy full protection on your vehicle insurance policy, it is always better to upgrade your HDFC Ergo motor insurance with these additional benefits-
Add-on Benefits of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
1. Zero Depreciation or Zero Dep. Cover
By opting for HDFC ERGO motor insurance with zero depreciation cover, the policyholder can enjoy complete coverage without deduction of the depreciation value. The insured gets the entire sum assured irrespective of the car depreciation value, if only it is an accidental claim.
2. NCB Protection
No-claim bonus is the discount earned for every claim-free year. At the time of policy renewal or accidental claims, the No Claim bonus discount is carried forward.
But if you claim your policy, the NCB turns to be zero. If you opt for CB protection cover along with HDFC ERGO motor insurance, the accumulated NCB is protected and rewarded as per its give percentage.
3. Down Time Protection
If the car has been sent for repair after an accident or it needs to be replaced, and there are no alternative means of transport available; then the conveyance cost will be reimbursed if your HDFC ERGO motor insurance is clubbed with this cover.
4. Engine and Gear Box Protection Cover
It acts as a saviour in case of any loss or damage caused to your car from flood conditions; heavy rains – leading to hydrostatic lock. Dealing with such unpredictable losses can be an expensive affair. To save yourself from a financial shock, opt for this add-on cover with your HDFC ERGO motor insurance and feel secured.
It includes – Labour charges, replacement or repairing cost of internal parts, compression tests and other charges as mentioned in the policy wordings.
In case of total loss, once time cover is provided. In case of partial loss, you can file a claim only 3 times. Maximum compensation of Rs.500 per day is provided for private vehicles. In case of partial losses, it is applicable only for 5 days and in case of total loss, it is valid for 15 days.
5. Key Replacement cover
Imagine a situation where you have lost or misplaced your car keys and are stuck on the road. What will you do? Anyone can get panic in such a situation. The only way to feel secure is by having key replacement cover along with your HDFC ERGO motor insurance.
6. Cost of Consumable Items
Those who opt for this cover along with HDFC ERGO motor insurance can save a lot of money that is spent on replacement and purchase of consumable items, once they are rendered unfit for further usage. HDFC Ergo car insurance will recover the cost. It includes the following consumable items- Engine oil, lubricants, coolants, nut, bolt, battery water, gaskets, washers, clips, bearings, and ac gas filters.
7. Emergency Assistance Service Programme
If you opt for this add-on benefit, HDFC Ergo Car Insurance will provide 24×7 roadside assistance if there is an accident or any mechanical or technical breakdown to ensure a pleasurable drive. However, the emergency assistance is subjected to your geographical location. It includes –
- Battery Jump Start
- Fuel delivery
- Tyre change
- Duplicate Keys
- On-site repair assistance
- Lost Keys and lock recovering assistance
- Towing and Removal Assistance
8. Return to Invoice
In case the car is damaged or stolen, usually, the insurer pays the IDV of the vehicle. Opt for this benefit along with HDFC ERGO motor insurance, if you want to recover the amount of difference between the Insured Declared Value and ex-showroom value. It is not applicable in the absence of a police FIR report and if a stolen car is recovered within 90 days.
For detailed information, kindly refer to the HDFC Ergo car insurance policy wordings.
Variants of HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance Add-on Cover
The above motioned add-on covers of HDFC Motor insurance can be availed through four variants: HDFC Silver, HDFC Gold, HDFC Platinum, HDFC Platinum and HDFC Titanium. Let’s know its coverage:
|Zero Depreciation||Loss of Use / Down Time Protection||Engine and Gear Box
|No Claim Bonus Protection||Cost of Consumables|
Optional Covers in HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
On payment of additional premium, you can buy a number of optional covers –
- Insurance for electrical /non-electrical items
- The owner/driver can avail Personal Accident or PA Cover
- PA cover for named/unnamed passengers
- PA cover for a paid driver/employee
- Legal liability to non-fare paying passengers and a paid driver
- Cover for vehicle tyres, bumpers, headlights etc.
- Use of commercial type vehicles for both commercial and private purposes
HDFC Ergo Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Commercial Vehicle Insurance is valid for both private and public carrier of goods, passenger carrying vehicles, trailers, tractors, shovels, excavators etc.
Commercial vehicle insurance is required to secure your business from any financial burden arising out of an accident or collision of the vehicle. Moreover, Commercial insurance under HDFC ERGO car insurance covers third-party legal liabilities arising as a result of the death of a third-person, or an accident resulting in bodily injuries of a third-person and also third-party property damage from your vehicle.
Features of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance for Commercial Vehicle
The features of HDFC ERGO Motor insurance for commercial vehicles are:
- 24×7 Customer Support: With HDFC ERGO car insurance, you can avail round the clock support for any emergency. You can call on the helpline number for any assistance at 1800 2700 700 or write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Easy Documentation: With no documentation HDFC ERGO Car insurance for commercial vehicles is easy to avail. Online insurance requires less paperwork.
- Trusted brand so far: with over 75 lakhs customers across the country, the insurer is one of the trusted brands to cater to your insurance needs. It has been ranked iAAA by ICRA as the highest claim paying company.
- Transparent Claim Settlement: HDFC ERGO follows the principle of transparency when it comes to paying the claims.
- Cashless Claim: Avail cashless claim facility at more than 5000 garages across the country.
Here are the Inclusions of HDFC Ergo Commercial Vehicle Insurance-
1. Damage caused to the insured vehicle due to
- Theft and housebreaking
- External accidental damage
- Explosion, fire, and self-ignition
- Whilst in transit
- Malicious acts or terrorist attacks
- Natural disasters
2. Personal Accident Cover
Compensation is provided for medical treatment of the owner/driver. However, you can opt to include the co-passengers by paying an extra amount of premium along with your HDFC ERGO motor insurance. It offers Rs. 15 lakh for accidental death. 100% of sum insured is paid to the nominee in case of death.
3. Third Party Legal Liability Cover
Third Party cover under HDFC ERGO motor insurance covers damage caused to a someone else’s property from the insured commercial vehicle
- It also covers, injuries and accidental death of any third party
- Any damage to property owned by the third party
HDFC ERGO Commercial Vehicle Insurance Eligibility
All car owners with a heavy or light commercial vehicle are eligible to purchase this policy.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance with Liability Coverage
Third Party Liability insurance under HDFC ERGO car insurance comes in handy to cover those unexpected expenses arising out of a liability. It is available for all types of vehicles including private and commercials to ensure a smooth driving on roads. As third party liability insurance is mandatory in India, no one can deny having this.
Highlights of HDFC ERGO Third Party Insurance
- Speedy claim approval within 24 hours
- Avail online third party insurance within a few clicks
- Get round the clock services with 24×7 customer support at 18002700700 or write an e-mail to:email@example.com
- With around millions of customers, it is one of the trusted brand and rated iAAA by ICRA as the highest claim paying company.
Coverage under HDFC ERGO Third Party Insurance
Third party car insurance offered by HDFC ERGO covers:
- Third Party Liability Cover
Any liability arising out of third party injuries, permanent/temporary disability, death or property damage etc. are get covered.
- Personal Accident Cover
This policy covers compulsory Personal Accident cover of Rs. 1 lac is offered to the insured/driver in case of an accidental death or permanent total disability.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Network Garage
Whether it is for private or commercial vehicle, you can avail cashless repair services at more than 4000 associated garages of HDFC ERGO. By approaching any such garage, you can get the services free of cost. The repair expense bill is settled by the insurer directly to the garage. Moreover, the customers can avail roadside assistance as well in case of breakdown.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Discounts
Apart from the exceptional features and extensive policy coverage, HDFC ERGO car insurance policy also comes with certain additional discount as well. These include:
- Discount on Insured’s Age: the insurer offers 5% discount on own damage premium for the age group between 35 to 45 years. It offers 10% discounts for individuals aged between 46 to 60 years, on own damage premium.
* Supporting Documents: to avail this discount, the insured needs to submit valid age proof at the time of claim to avail the discounts.PAN card is necessary.
- Occupation Specific Discount – Occupation based discount is also available up to 5% on own damage premium, depending on the type of occupation. To avail a discount under this category one must be a:
- Practicing chartered accountant
- Defence, Army or Paramilitary personnel
- Teachers in government school
- State or Central Government employees
- Recognised doctors
*the claimant needs to submit a proof of its occupation supporting his/her claim in order to avail the discount
No Claim Bonus Discount – For each calim-free year, the insured is offered with No Claim Bonus ranging from 20% to 50% for every consecutive year.
- Other Discounts:
- Apart from the above, one can also avail the premium at a discounted rate for installing anti-theft device, duly approved by ARAI.
- Moreover, those who are members of Automobile Association of India can also available discount on HDFC ERGO car insurance premium.
Factors Affecting HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Premium
To calculate car insurance premium, HDFC Ergo Car Insurance takes into consideration the following factors-
- Place of Registration
- Sum Insured or Insured’s Declared Value (IDV)
- Vehicle Type
- Vehicle Age
- Fuel type
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Renewal Premium Calculator
By using a HDFC car insurance renewal premium calculator, you can compute the premium for car insurance online and then compare the policy. However, the amount of premium is not the only criterion to buy vehicle insurance, but it gives you a clear idea of the motor insurance prices.
The advantages of HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal premium calculator are as follows-
- It is easier to compare car insurance online
- You can check how various add-on benefits and optional covers affect your premium
- It helps you make an informed decision
- Saves both time and effort
How to Calculate Premium with HDFC Car Insurance Calculator?
To calculate your HDFC ERGO car insurance premium:
Go to the HDFC car insurance calculator page. Then click on calculate premium tab and submit the following details to get instant car insurance quotes online –
1. Calculating Premium for New Cars
In the case of calculating HDFC ERGO car insurance premiums for new cars, the details required are as follows–
- Coverage type (comprehensive or third party car insurance)
- Car registration date
- Name of the manufacturer
- Car model
- City of registration
- Add on covers
2. Calculating Premium for Used Cars
For used cars, you have to submit details like your vehicle’s first sales invoice date, the city of registration, the name of the model and manufacturer, registration date and IDV.
How to Compare and buy Car Insurance Online?
The right way to select the best car insurance plan is by comparing different car insurance plans. Broadly, HDFC ERGO car insurance policies are divided into two categories – One is third-party liability insurance, and the second is comprehensive car insurance. It is applicable for both private and commercial vehicles.
And it will take just a few minutes of your time to compare and buy vehicle insurance online. Let’s see how –
To compare car insurance quotes you can Click here and submit your car details, then calculate car insurance premium. Once all the info is provided, make the payment online and instantly download a copy of your motor insurance policy.
You can compare the plan at the time of HDFC motor insurance renewal as well.
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Renewal Online
Often, most of us fail to renew our car insurance on time. For this reason, online car insurance renewal is the best option. It saves both our time and effort. It offers the convenience of comparing different benefits while renewing the car insurance policy.
HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal online is an effortless process to renew an expired policy. The insurer offered policy renewal with the ease of virtual inspection. Their self-vehicle inspection allows you to share videos and images of your vehicle for inspection. Based on them your policy will be renewed without wasting much of your time.
Process of HDFC Ergo Car Insurance Renewal Online?
The process of HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal online includes:
- Visit the insurer’s site and go to the Instant Renewal option
- Submit the required vehicle insurance policy details
- Choose the additional benefits for enhanced protection
- Once the details are provided, you will receive the HDFC Ergo car insurance renewal quote
- Now pay the premium online and your car insurance policy will be renewed
Benefits of HDFC ERGO car insurance Renewal
Renewing your HDFC ERGO car insurance is essential, not just it is mandatory but:
HDFC ERGO Car insurance offers optimum protection to the vehicle owner in case of any injury, damage to the vehicle by covering the unexpected expenses.
It also covers third party liabilities arising out of third party property damage, injury or death.
Moreover, you can even earn no claim bonus for continuously renewing your HDFC ERGO car insurance, without claiming .
Since it is mandatory in India to carry car insurance, without renewing HDFC ERGI car insurance, you may welcome a huge penalty on roads. Thus, the best way to avoid such expenses is timely renewal of your HDFC ERGO car insurance policy and stay covered every time.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Premium Payment Options
HDFC ERGO motor insurance premium can be paid in two ways: Online and Offline payment.
1. How to Pay HDFC ERGO Car Insurance – Online
HDFC Ergo ensures hassle-free payment process by introducing it services online. Online payment process is the most convenient way to pay your premiums, which takes no time. Online payment with HDFC ERGO is possible in a few steps:
- Just logging into the official website of HDFC ERGO
- Navigate through ‘Online Renewal’ option
- Select the plan and provide the necessary information such as policy number, name etc.
- Click on ‘proceed’. It will take you to policy details page
- This page will view the details of the policy and the premium to be paid. If the offered premium suits your budget, proceed to the ‘Make Payment’ option
- Pay the premium using Debit/Credit card, Netbanking etc.
2. How to pay HDFC Car Insurance- Offline
It is the traditional way of buying or renewing a policy. with offline process you can pay HDFC ERGO car insurance premium by visiting the nearest branch and pay through cheque or cash.
Claim Procedure for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
A smooth claim settlement can be experienced with HDFC vehicle insurance only if you follow the instructions properly. Claims with HDFC Ergo can be made in two ways:
1. Claim Reimbursement Process for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
- You can file a claim request on their mobile application or call them at their toll-free helpline number
- Post your request, the damage will be assessed by an HDFC examiner
- Then, you need to provide the duly signed and filled claim form
- You also need to provide all the necessary documents to process the claim
- After this, claim updates will be sent on your email-id or mobile number
- You can then choose to pay online or through cheque
- Once the process is completed, the insurer will give you the claim computation sheet for your records.
2. Cashless Claim Procedure for HDFC Ergo Car Insurance
HDFC vehicle insurance offers cashless claim facility at their associated workshops.
- A list of network garages is provided on the insurer’s site. You can check them online or call them at their helpline number for assistance.
- Firstly, drive your damaged car to the nearest workshop for repair. You can also get your vehicle towed.
- After that, the car will be surveyed by an assessor
- Submit the documents along with the claim form
- Updates will be sent to you on your mobile number and email id
- Once the repair work is completed; you can pay-off the deductibles and depreciation value to the workshop and take it back home. The insurer will settle the balance as per the sum insured.
- Furthermore, you will get the HDFC Ergo car insurance claim computation sheet for your records.
However, to ensure a successful claim, on time HDFC motor insurance renewal is essential.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
Customer care of every company plays a pivotal role in the growth of the company. It is the face of an organisation that tackles the customer queries and tries to keep them happy. In case of insurance, HDFC ERGO Car Insurance customer care is the SPOC of the organisation to register your claim, to guide how to go with HDFC motor insurance renewal or buy policies from the insurer. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance customer care can be reached at 022/0120 – 6234 6234. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
HDFC Ergo Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. What are the factors that affect HDFC ERGO Car Insurance prices?
Here are the factors that affect the insurance premium of HDFC vehicle insurance –
- Age of the car
- City of registration
- Type of the car
- Sum Insured or IDV
- Fuel Type
Q2. What is a no-claim-bonus in HDFC motor insurance?
You earn No-claim-bonus for using the vehicle prudently. If you do not make any claim during the policy years, you are awarded a No-claim-discount on the motor insurance premium. NCB is accrued to your account while renewing the policy.
Q3.What are add-on covers available in HDFC Ergo car insurance?
You can avail the following add-on benefits by along with your HDFC motor insurance by paying an additional premium-
- Zero Depreciation Benefit ( excluding battery and tyres)
- Protection cover for Gearbox and Engine
- NCB Protection
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Coverage for Consumable Items
- Replacement of Car Keys
- Return to Invoice
Q4. How to purchase HDFC car insurance policy online?
Yes, it is possible to avail HDFC motor insurance online and the process is described below-
- Fill the form to get an estimate of your car insurance premium as per your car make, type, and model
- Fill your personal details like your name, email, and address.
- Now pay the premium online and get instant confirmation of your car insurance
However, before purchase HDFC REGO car insurance, you should compare the plan with other available plans in the market. You can consider HDFC ERGO car insurance review given by the existing customers.
Q5. What is Insured Declared Value under HDFC Car Insurance?
Insured Declared Value is the current market value of the insured vehicle, based on which sum insured of your policy is decided. At the time of a HDFC ERGO vehicle insurance claim the insurer pays up to the IDV after deducting the depreciation value of it.
Q6. What are the documents required to claim HDFC ERGO vehicle insurance?
To claim your HDFC ERGO car insurance, you will need the below documents:
- Duly filled and signed claim form & satisfaction voucher
- Registration Certificate (RC)
- DL of the person driving the vehicle at the time of accident
- Police FIR, statement
- Payment receipt in case of cashless claims
- Original repair invoice for cashless claims
- AML documents for amount more than 1 lac (PAN card, 2 passport size photo, residence proof)
- Form 35 & original NOC from financer in case of total loss where payment is made to insured
- A copy of police FIR is needed for injury / death / property damage
Q7. What are the changes can be done in my HDFC ERGO vehicle insurance?
You can update the below correction in your HDFC ERGO vehicle insurance
- Correction in vehicle RC number/ address/location
- Correction in vehicle make & model/ seating capacity/ cubic capacity/engine
Q8. Why it is necessary to ensure HDFC car insurance renewal without a fail?
To enjoy the policy benefits uninterruptedly, HDFC car insurance renewal is essential. You can’t claim your insurance if the same is not renewed or active at the time of claiming. HDFC Car Insurance Renewal is possible online as well, where you can renew an expired policy without
Q9. What is the process of HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal online?
HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal can be done either online or offline. If you wish to go for online just visit the official website of the insurer
- Click on HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal
- Choose the type of plan
- Calculate the premium online
- Provide the relevant information such as policy number, name etc.
- If the premium suits your requirement, pay the premiums online by using online payment options
- A notification on payment received against HDFC ERGO car insurance renewal will be sent to you
- The policy will be renewed instantly