Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. is a merger of AXA Group with 49% of the stake and Bharti Enterprises with 51% of stake.
Since 2008, Bharti AXA has a widespread presence across India including its branches and service centres. In 2009, it received both ISO 27001:2005 and ISO 9001:2008 certification. The certification was again renewed in 2012 till 2015.
As per customer reviews, Bharti AXA car insurance policy purchase and claim settlement is a quick and hassle-free procedure. They are one of the most trusted names in the Indian insurance industry.
Bharti AXA Vehicle Insurance Overview-
|Claim Settlement Ratio||98.27%|
|Network/ Cashless Garages||3500+|
|NCB Discount||Up to 50%|
|Medical Expenses Cover||Max. INR 10,000|
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Key Features:
- Financial compensation in case of a stolen or damaged insured vehicle
- NCB on Insurance Premium
- Round the claim support team
- More than 3500 network garages/service centres
- Add-on coverage at an extra premium
Why Bharti AXA Car Insurance?
Bharti AXA vehicle insurance policy, gives you a chance to safeguard yourt most valuable assets, i.e. your car, on which you have invested so much. In the event of any bodily injury or accident or damage to the insured vehicle, with car insurance, you can feel financially secure. The damage is covered with comprehensive policy wherein third-party liability cover against third-party damage is also included. Thus, saving you off any legal burden as well as any other damage that may arise due to an accident- or collision on the road.
Coverage offered by Bharti Axa Car Insurance
Bharti AXA vehicle insurance plan can be one of the best option to insure a private or commercial vehicle. While third party policy provides liability coverage to the insure, comprehensive policy covers own damage coverage along with third party liability, in case of an unforeseen event.
Under Bharti AXA Car insurance, three types of coverage are offered:
- Own Damage: This policy covers damage or loss to insured vehicle due to any natural or man-made disasters or external force.
- Third Party Liability: As per the provisions laid down in the Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1988, having third party insurance is mandatory for every vehicle owner. Third party policy offered by Bharti AXA car insurance offers extensive coverage to the insured if any liability arises out of third party death, property damage or injury.
- Personal Accident Cover: Under this cover, sum insured (SI) of Rs. 2,00,000 is offered to the owner-driver if accident leads to death or disability on additional premium of Rs.100
- Passenger Personal Accident cover: You can club an optional cover with Bharti AXA Car Insurance to cover passengers as well.
- Legal liability for a Paid driver: It is an optional cover that you can club with Bharti AXA Car Insurance.
|Own Damage Coverage||Third Party Liability Coverage||Personal Accident Cover||Personal Accident Cover||Legal liability for Paid driver|
|Accidental Fire||Legal protection to the insured if any liability arises out of accidental death or injury claims from third parties||Sum Insured (SI) of Rs. 2,00,000 is offered for the owner-driver in case of an accident leading to death or disability of different types
on Rs.100 additional premium
Optional coverage for paid driver
|Lightening||Legal protection for damage to third party property.|
|Self-Ignition||Legal costs and Expenses|
|Earthquake, Cyclone, Flood|
|Theft, Strikes & Riots /or Malicious Acts and Terrorism|
|While transit by Rail, Road, Air & Elevator|
|Third Party Liability|
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Inclusions
The coverage provided in Bharti AXA vehicle insurance policy is as follows-
- Personal Accident Cover of Rs. 2 lakhs for owner-driver of the insured vehicle
- Optional personal accident cover – for co-passengers
- Damages caused due to natural calamities like cyclone, floods, earthquake, etc.
- Damages caused due to man-made disasters, riots, fire, strike, terrorism, etc.
- Third Party liability cover- it provides protection against any loss or damage caused to the third-party including injuries or property damages to a third-person by the insured vehicle.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Exclusions
The list of exclusions of Bharti AXA vehicle insurance includes:
- Drinking and Driving – Damages caused to the insured car after intoxication of alcohol or drugs
- Accidents that could be avoided or were a deliberate attempt won’t be eligible for a claim.
- Driving without a valid driving license or collision while driving on the wrong side of the road would be invalidated.
- Damage caused to your private car while using it for commercial activities is not covered by the plan.
- Consequential damages, routine wear and tear, an electrical or mechanical breakdown etc. are not included.
- No coverage will be offered if the insured is carrying an expired policy
- Damages resulting while driving outside the geographical boundaries.
Types of Vehicle Insurance Plans under Bharti AXA Car Insurance
It is mandatory to have car insurance in India for all the car owners, as per The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. By paying a small amount of premium annually, you can retrieve the financial loss. Avail following benefits in case it is stolen or damaged in an accident or collision –
Third-Party Liability Coverage
The insurance provider will only compensate for the third-party property damages and injuries or death. The rates for third-party coverage are revised annually by IRDAI (the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India).
Check the table below with the revised third-party liability cover premium rates as per the engine capacity (As of April 01, 2017) –
|Engine Capacity ( in cc)||Premium Rate ( in Rs.)|
|Less than 1,000||1,850|
|1,000 to 1,500||2,863|
|1,500 and more||7,890|
Note- Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh compensation is fixed for third-party property damage cover. In the event of accidental death or bodily injuries, the court will decide the payout.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
It covers loss and damage caused to you and your car along with third party liability insurance. The percentage of compensation is mentioned in the table below-
|Loss of both the limbs or sight of both the eyes /or one limb and one eye||100%|
|Loss of sight of one eye and loss of one limb||50%|
|Permanent total disability after an accident||100%|
Bharti AXA Vehicle Insurance Add-on Covers
You can also opt for the following add-on covers along with Bharti AXA car insurance at an additional premium:
- Roadside Assistance
- Hydrostatic lock cover
- No claim Bonus Protector Zero Depreciation Benefit
- Personal Accident Insurance for the passengers
- Invoice Price Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Hospital Cash Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Ambulance Charges Cover
- Engine and Gearbox Cover
- Medical expenses cover (up to Rs.10, 000)
Roadside Assistance –With roadside assistance cover of Bharti AXA vehicle insurance, if your car breaks down in the middle of the road, you know that roadside assistance is just a call away. You do not need to run from pillar to post in search of a workshop or mechanic at odd hours. Assistance is offered to change the flat tyres, jump-start the engine, towing assistance, emergency fuel refilling etc.
No Claim Bonus Protector – Once a car insurance claim is made, the accumulated No-claim-bonus is nullified. However, with this add-on cover along with Bharti AXA motor insurance, you can retain your No Claim Discount even after claiming twice during your policy period.
Hydrostatic lock cover – In case the car’s engine is damaged due to floods or heavy rains, then with this add-on cover with Bharti AXA vehicle insurance, you can get reimbursement of the expenses incurred on replacement or repair of engine parts. This benefit is valid only for vehicles that are less than 5 years old.
Zero Depreciation cover – The policyholder doesn’t have to bear the depreciation cost of repaired/replaced parts like fiber, rubber, plastic, and glass if you opt for this cover along with Bharti AXA vehicle insurance
Co-Passenger Cover – In a basic motor insurance policy, up to Rs. 2 Lakh personal accident cover is provided to the car owner or driver. However, with this add-on of Bharti AXA car insurance, coverage of INR 1 Lakh can be provided to the co-passengers in the event of any disability or death following an accident or collision.
Invoice Cover – At the time of claim, you get the depreciated value of the car. If you opt for this add-on along with Bharti AXA car insurance, you get the invoice value of the car at the time of claim. It includes the road tax, registration fees, and insurance.
Key replacement cover – This add-on cover recompenses the cost incurred to replace the lost keys and lock if you buy with Bharti AXA car insurance. (For a maximum of two claims)
Hospital cash – Lump sum amount of Rs. 1000 is paid per day to compensate for everyday expenses at the hospital (applicable for hospitalization up to 30 days) as an additional benefit under your Bharti AXA car insurance.
Medical expenses – In case there are any accidental injuries caused to you and the fellow passengers, up to Rs. 10,000 are provided for medical treatment if you opt for this cover with Bharti AXA car insurance.
Ambulance charges – This add-o with Bharti AXA car insurance covers ambulance charges for transporting the insured person to the hospital. Coverage ranges between Rs.500 to Rs. 1000.
Consumables cover – Expenses incurred on consumables like the nut, bolts, engine oil, etc. are also covered, once they are not in a condition to be used further, only if you opt for this cover along with Bharti AXA car insurance.
Engine and gearbox Protection Cover – If there is any damage caused to the internal parts of the gearbox and engine and as a result, the car breaks down, then you will get financial compensation for the same with this add-on of Bharti AXA car insurance.
Bharti AXA Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Bharti AXA vehicle insurance for commercial vehicles offers optimum protection to the transport vehicles such as semi-trailer or long-trailer vehicles. The coverage is offered under the category own damage and third party coverage.
- Accidental damages resulting due to theft, fire, explosion (external), lightning and housebreaking
- Natural disasters like flood, earthquake, cyclone etc.
- Damage resulting due to terrorist activities and riots are also covered
- Damage occurred whilst in transit by road, rail, elevator, and the air is also covered
- Third-party death, injuries and property damage cover
Features of Bharti AXA Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Personal accident cover
- Damage or loss of vehicle accessories
- Legal liability towards employees paid drives and cleaners
- Legal liabilities towards passengers
- Damage to electrical accessories
Additional Coverage in Bharti AXA Car Insurance for Commercial Vehicles
- Zero depreciation cover available if your vehicle is not more than 2 years old. Provided the repair work is done at the authorized workshop
- Avail repairing costs of vehicle tires, airbags, fiberglass, batteries, rubber, plastic parts and nylon
Eligibility for Bharti AXA Car Insurance for Commercial Vehicles
Any insured or vehicle owner with transport vehicles can buy this policy or apply for Bharti AXA vehicle insurance online or offline.
How is Zero Depreciation calculated in motor insurance?
As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) depreciation value is calculated on the following basis-
|On rubber, nylon, and batteries||50%|
|On wooden parts ( based on the car age)
|5% in the first year, 10% in the second year and so
|On the basis of duration, the depreciation value is calculated as mentioned in the table below-|
|Up to 6 months||0%|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||5%|
|From 2 second year onwards||10% and so on|
Discount under Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Bharti AXA vehicle insurance comes with certain discounts that include:
- For every claim-free year, the insured can earn up to a maximum of 50% No-Claim-Discount on insurance premium. Moreover, the validity of No-claim-bonus is up to 5 years.
- Discount for availing membership of Automobile Association
- You can avail discount in Bharti AXA vehicle insurance for fitting anti-theft devices into the vehicle
- By opting for voluntary deductible, you can avail discounts up to a certain percentage.
Sum Insured or Insured Declared Value (IDV) of Bharti AXA Car Insurance
The amount that you will receive after claiming a loss or damage to the insured vehicle is calculated on the basis of the IDV. It is the selling priced of the insured car as fixed by the manufacturer at the time of policy purchase or renewal. As you already know, your car value gets depreciated with the age.
Let’s consider the below table of depreciation in case of total loss or constructive loss of the insured car, at the time of claiming your Bharti AXA car insurance-
|Vehicle’s Age||Depreciation (%) for fixing IDV|
|Below 6 months||5|
|6 months to 12 months||15|
|1 yr to 2 yrs.||20|
|2 yrs. to 3 yrs.||30|
|3 yrs. to 4 yrs.||40|
|4 yrs. to 5 yrs||50|
Simple Steps to Compare and buy Bharti AXA Car Insurance Online
The online comparison is a must while buying Bharti AXA car insurance. In order to compare the plans:
- Choose to purchase vehicle insurance online
- Submit your car details
- Provide personal details
- Check the various add-ons and optional covers and choose the one that meets your requirements
- Provide complete details and go through the car insurance quote
- Make the payment online
- You will receive the PDF of your vehicle insurance policy on your registered email id
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Renewal
Bharti AXA car insurance renewal is essential if you want to stay covered and financially protected throughout. Bharti AXA car insurance renewal also helps you avoid those penalties imposed by the traffic police, as having a valid insurance policy is mandatory in India. Given that, Bharti AXA Car insurance renewal is essential.
You can ensure Bharti AXA car insurance renewal in two ways: online and offline.
Steps of Bharti AXA Car Insurance Renewal Online
Bharti AXA car insurance renewal can be ensured in a smooth way online only if you approach the right way. To ensure Bharti AXA car insurance renewal online, follow the below steps:
- Select from the following options – Renew Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy, Renew policy from the other insurer, or buy a new car insurance policy
- Enter vehicle details and personal details.
- Select add-ons and discounts to get the final premium.
- Add complete details and check the summary. Make payment.
- The policy is sent in PDF to your mailbox.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Renewal Offline
It is the traditional way of ensuring Bharti AXA car insurance renewal time. If you opt for an offline way of renewing Bharti AXA vehicle insurance, you’ll need to visit one of the branches that is in the vicinity, approach the insurance officer, complete the renewal formalities of Bharti AXA car insurance, pay the premiums through cash or cheque and get it renewed. You will provide with a renewal receipt by the insurance coordinator.
Saving Tips to Follow at the time of Bharti AXA Car Insurance Renewal Online
Here are some saving tips that you can follow while renewing a car insurance policy-
- Use the car insurance premium calculator to evaluate how the premium varies on adding a few essential optional covers to your basic plan
- Install hydrostatic lock covers to avoid engine being damaged due to floods or rains.
- Avail up to 25% of No Claim Bonus on the renewal amount.
- To avoid subsequent reduction of the value of the vehicle parts, opt for Zero Depreciation Cover. It will also help in decreasing your premium amount
- To reduce the premium further, install an anti-theft device on your car
Benefits of Bharti AXA Motor Insurance Renewal
In order to enjoy Bharti AXA car insurance policy benefits without a hassle, you must ensure Bharti AXA motor insurance renewal before the due date. The benefits of timely renewal of Bharti AXA vehicle insurance include:
- With on-time renewal of Bharti AXA car insurance, you can remain fully covered for the eventualities
- There will be no penalty to be paid if you carry valid insurance all the time. This is only possible if you ensure Bharti AXA car insurance renewal on time.
- Without insurance, you may end up paying for the abrupt expenses out-of your pocket
- Bharti AXA motor insurance renewal allows you to compare other plans as well and port if you find a better option online with the same premium
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Premium
Bharti AXA car insurance premium is determined at the time of buying car insurance. There are certain factors to be taken at the time of calculating the Bharti AXA vehicle insurance premium. These are:
- Make and model of the car
- Manufacturing year of the car model
- Registration zone
- Location of the insured
- Current market value of the car
However, you can calculate the premium using Bharti AXA vehicle insurance premium calculator online. The premium calculator helps you know the premiums before buying a plan. Just providing certain information such as car model, chassis number, manufacturing year and so on, you can get your car insurance premiums. Bharti AXA car insurance premium also suggests the plans that suit your requirements.
Benefits of Bharti AXA Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Using a car insurance calculator, you can assess a wide range of options and create a customized plan for yourself. You can evaluate the insurance premium by changing the variables.
You can also save the premium by selecting the best features. It helps you to choose the most affordable car insurance plan without compromising on any of the essential aspects.
Claim Procedure for Car Insurance
The claim procedure is speedy and hassle-free. With great convenience, you can avail cashless facility at the registered service centres of the insurer. Or choose to go for reimbursement.
How to register the vehicle insurance claim with Bharti AXA?
- Intimate at their toll-free number – 1800-103-2292 or Visit their website, go to register a claim section or write to them at claims@bharti-AXAgi.co.in.
- They will send you a claim registration number to be used for future reference.
Send your car for repair
- Send your car for repair at the nearest network garage. Provide all the necessary documents. As soon as you reach, the surveyor will conduct a survey at the garage.
- The claim needs to be signed and duly filed. If the car is insured in the name of a company, affix the company’s seal along with it.
- Documents needed – Pan Card copy, vehicles (RC) Registration Certificate, Driving License duly attested by the insured.
- All the documents will be verified with the original documents by the surveyor
- Police FIR copy is required to register claims for own damage, third-party damage, theft or any malicious activity.
Claim Settlement Process for Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- On submission of claim documents to the surveyor, they will be put in order and will be given to the workshop in the same order
- On completion of the repair work, a re-survey may be conducted by the surveyor
- A Delivery Order will be issued by the insurer on the receipt of the repairing bills
- The car will be released from the garage after collecting the duly signed Satisfaction Voucher from the insured (In case the insured is a Firm, the company’s seal needs to be affixed)
How to Buy Bharti AXA Vehicle Insurance Online?
Internet booming day by day, it has touched every aspect of your life. Starting from buying clothes to groceries, booking movie tickets to checking the upcoming competitive exam dates, everything you do online, why not insurance.
Well, online insurance is the most convenient way of buying which allows you to ensure an informed deal. To buy Bharti AXA car insurance online:
- Visit the official website of Bharti AXA
- Browse over the various plans online
- Calculate the premium using Bharti AXA vehicle insurance premium calculator
- If the suggested premium suits your budget, buy the plan
- You can pay the premiums online as well using Debit/Credit cards, Net banking
Above all, you can check Bharti AXA car insurance review if you opt for online insurance. Bharti AXA car insurance review uploaded by the existing customers will help you zero down on an informed decision. With these reviews, you can get an idea about whether the plan is apt for you. So, consider Bharti AXA car insurance review at the time of buying online plans under Bharti AXA car insurance.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Customer Care
Bharti AXA car insurance customer care helps you resolve any query, related to your Bharti AXA car insurance. You can register a claim, know your policy status or apply for Bharti AXA vehicle insurance through Bharti AXA customer care. In other words, it is called the face of the company. You can easily approach Bharti AXA car insurance customer care at 080-49010222, for requesting for a quote or buying new car insurance.
Users can also send their queries at Bharti AXA customer care email id at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The insurer also enables its customer to request for a callback option, where you can fill a form by visiting the official website and submit. The concerned Bharti AXA customer care executive will call you within a few hours and will resolve your query.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Network Garages
Bharti AXA car insurance offers cashless claim facility at their associate garages across the country. These garages are termed as ‘network garage’ in insurance, where you can avail the services free of cost. The repair bill is directly settled by the insurer with the garage. To avail these services uninterruptedly, make sure that your preferred garages are in the list of Bharti AXA car insurance network garages. To know this, you can use the network garage locator on Bharti AXA’s official website. Mention the type of your vehicle, car model, select the city or state and find the list of network garages within the vicinity.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
The benefit of buying car insurance online is that it is an instant process. It saves time and effort and enables you to check out the policy features in a simple manner. You can calculate the insurance premium, get a free quote, and if all goes well, you can buy the same quote within a week.
And the best thing is that it is a paperless process. Moreover, the payment process is also made easier with various payment modes such as net banking, or debit and credit cards etc.
Q2. Is it possible to get a refund of the unused premium?
It is possible to get the refund amount only at the time of policy cancellation. It depends on the insurance provider and is calculated for the short rate period. Before cancellation, make sure that you check the short rate calculations. Also, submit the alternate copy of policy covering third-party liability to cancel the policy.
Q3. What is an endorsement in car insurance?
For an agreed change in the car insurance plan, written evidence is given in the form of an endorsement. It is a document with the changes that are incorporated in the policy terms and conditions.
Q4. How many add-on benefits can I opt for while buying a car insurance policy?
You can buy as many add-ons available.
Q5. How to choose an appropriate Insured Declared Value (IDV)?
It is the current market value of your car. IDV is the maximum amount of sum assured that you will get at the time of claim. It is important to choose an appropriate IDV because the premium is calculated on the basis of your car’s IDV at that time.
Q6. What are the benefits of buying zero depreciation policy?
Zero depreciation proves to be useful in many ways-
- 100% claim settlement amount on depreciated parts
- Quite useful for vehicles that are less than 5 years old
- Repair cost of durable parts like nylon, batteries, tyres, airbags is covered.
- Valid for 2 permissible claims during the policy term
Q7. What are the benefits of opting for add-ons that cover Ambulance Charges?
It is beneficial in the following ways-
24*7 customer support for any doubts and issues
Without worrying about the cost, you can call an ambulance from any hospital
Hassle-free and round the clock claim assistance
Q8. Why is it important to have Gearbox and Engine Cover?
A car’s engine and transmission system are more likely to wear and tear because of its extensive usage while driving. When a car is driven in a heavy traffic area, the gearbox is used frequently, which imposes the risk of it being damaged. If you have Gearbox and Engine Cover, you can get reimbursement of the cost incurred on replacement and repairing of the spare parts of the gearbox and engine.
Simply put, having a car insurance policy not only take care of the financial burdens but also provides you with a sense of security, whenever there is a risk of an accident, collision or car breakdown. As it assures you help anytime and anywhere as agreed at the time of policy purchase.
Q9. What is the initial step to initiate a claim under Bharti AXA car insurance?
The initial step to process a claim is to register it with the insurer by approaching Bharti AXA car insurance customer care. The customer care executive will guide you through the claim process and provide you with the claim form further.