Bharti AXA Car Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance Co. is a merger of AXA Group with 49% of the stake and Bharti Enterprises with 51% of stake.
Since 2008, Bharti AXA has a widespread presence across India including its branches and service centres. In 2009, it received both ISO 27001:2005 and ISO 9001:2008 certification. The certification was again renewed in 2012 till 2015.
As per customer reviews, Bharti AXA car insurance policy purchase and claim settlement is a quick and hassle-free procedure. They are one of the most trusted names in the Indian insurance industry.
Bharti AXA Vehicle Insurance Overview-
|Claim Settlement Ratio||98.27%|
|Network/ Cashless Garages||3500+|
|NCB Discount||Up to 50%|
|Medical Expenses Cover||Max. INR 10,000|
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Key Features:
- Financial compensation in case of a stolen or damaged insured vehicle
- NCB on Insurance Premium
- Round the claim support team
- More than 3500 network garages/service centres
- Add-on coverage at an extra premium
Why Bharti AXA Car Insurance?
Bharti AXA vehicle insurance policy, gives you a chance to safeguard your most valuable assets, i.e. your car, on which you have invested so much. In the event of any bodily injury or accident or damage to the insured vehicle, with car insurance, you can feel financially secure. The damage is covered with comprehensive policy wherein third-party liability cover against third-party damage is also included. Thus, saving you off any legal burden as well as any other damage that may arise due to an accident- or collision on the road.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Inclusions:
The coverage provided in Bharti AXA motor insurance policy are as follows-
- Personal Accident Cover of Rs. 2 lakhs for owner-driver of the insured vehicle
- Optional personal accident cover – for co-passengers
- Damages caused due to natural calamities like cyclone, floods, earthquake, etc.
- Damages caused due to man-made disasters, riots, fire, strike, terrorism, etc.
- Third Party liability cover- it provides protection against any loss or damage caused to the third-party including injuries or property damages to a third-person by the insured vehicle.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Exclusions:
- Drinking and Driving – Damages caused to the insured car after intoxication of alcohol or drugs
- Accidents that could be avoided or were a deliberate attempt won’t be eligible for a claim.
- Driving without a valid driving license or collision while driving on the wrong side of the road would be invalidated.
- Damage caused to your private car while using it for commercial activities is not covered by the plan.
- Consequential damages, routine wear and tear, an electrical or mechanical breakdown etc. are not included.
- No coverage will be offered if the insured is carrying an expired policy
- Damages resulting while driving outside the geographical boundaries.
Optional Covers in Bharti AXA Car Insurance:
You can also opt for the following services-
- Roadside Assistance
- Hydrostatic lock cover
- No claim Bonus Protector Zero Depreciation Benefit
- Personal Accident Insurance for the passengers
- Invoice Price Cover
- Key Replacement Cover
- Hospital Cash Cover
- Consumables Cover
- Ambulance Charges Cover
- Engine and Gearbox Cover
Medical expenses cover (up to Rs.10, 000) Types of Vehicle Insurance Plans
It is mandatory to have car insurance in India for all the car owners, as per The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. By paying a small amount of premium annually, you can retrieve the financial loss. Avail following benefits in case it is stolen or damaged in an accident or collision –
Third-Party Liability Coverage
The insurance provider will only compensate for the third-party property damages and injuries or death. The rates for third-party coverage are revised annually by IRDAI (the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India).
Check the table below with the revised third-party liability cover premium rates as per the engine capacity (As of April 01, 2017) –
|Engine Capacity ( in cc)||Premium Rate ( in Rs.)|
|Less than 1,000||1,850|
|1,000 to 1,500||2,863|
|1,500 and more||7,890|
Note- Up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh compensation is fixed for third-party property damage cover. In the event of an accidental death or bodily injuries, the court will decide the payout.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy-
It covers loss and damage caused to you and your car along with third party liability insurance. The percentage of compensation is mentioned in the table below-
|Loss of both the limbs or sight of both the eyes /or one limb and one eye||100%|
|Loss of sight of one eye and loss of one limb||50%|
|Permanent total disability after an accident||100%|
Bharti AXA Vehicle Insurance Additional Covers
On payment of an extra premium, you can avail the following benefits-
Roadside Assistance – If your car breaks down in the middle of the road, you know that roadside assistance is just a call away. You do not need to run from pillar to post in search of a workshop or mechanic at odd hours. Assistance is offered to change the flat tyres, jump-start the engine, towing assistance, emergency fuel refilling etc.
No Claim Bonus Protector – Once a car insurance claim is made, the No-claim-bonus is nullified. However, with this add-on cover, you can retain your No Claim Discount even after claiming twice during your policy period.
Hydrostatic lock cover – In case the car’s engine is damaged due to floods or heavy rains, then with this add-on cover, you can get reimbursement of the expenses incurred on replacement or repair of engine parts. This benefit is valid only for vehicles that are less than 5 years old.
Zero Depreciation cover – The policyholder doesn’t have to bear the depreciation cost of repaired/replaced parts like fiber, rubber, plastic, and glass with this cover.
Co-Passenger Cover – In a basic motor insurance policy, up to Rs. 2 Lakh personal accident cover is provided to the car owner or driver. However, with this add-on, coverage of INR 1 Lakh can be provided to the co-passengers in the event of any disability or death following an accident or collision.
Invoice Cover – At the time of claim, you get the depreciated value of the car. If you opt for this add-on, you get the invoice value of the car at the time of claim. It includes the road tax, registration fees, and insurance.
Key replacement cover – This add-on cover recompenses the cost incurred to replace the lost keys and lock. (For a maximum of two claims)
Hospital cash – Lump sum amount of Rs. 1000 is paid per day to compensate for everyday expenses at the hospital (applicable for hospitalization up to 30 days).
Medical expenses – In case there are any accidental injuries caused to you and the fellow passengers, up to Rs. 10,000 are provided for medical treatment.
Ambulance charges – It covers ambulance charges for transporting the insured person to the hospital. Coverage ranges between Rs.500 to Rs. 1000.
Consumables cover – Expenses incurred on consumables like the nut, bolts, engine oil, etc. are also covered, once they are not in a condition to be used further.
Engine and gearbox Protection Cover – If there is any damage caused to the internal parts of the gearbox and engine and as a result, the car breaks down, then you will get financial compensation for the same.
Bharti AXA Commercial Vehicle Insurance
It covers both third-party and own damages as mentioned below-
- Accidental damages resulting due to theft, fire, explosion (external), lightning and housebreaking
- Natural disasters like flood, earthquake, cyclone etc.
- Damage resulting due to terrorist activities and riots are also covered
- Damage occurred whilst in transit by road, rail, elevator, and the air is also covered
- Third-party death, injuries and property damage cover
The coverage can also be extended to include –
- Personal accident cover
- Damage or loss of vehicle accessories
- Legal liability towards employees paid drives and cleaners
- Legal liabilities towards passengers
- Damage to electrical accessories
Additional Coverage in Commercial Vehicle Insurance-
- Zero depreciation cover available if your vehicle is not more than 2 years old. Provided the repair work is done at the authorized workshop
- Avail repairing costs of vehicle tires, airbags, fiberglass, batteries, rubber, plastic parts and nylon
How is Zero Depreciation calculated in motor insurance?
As per the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA) depreciation value is calculated on the following basis-
|On rubber, nylon, and batteries||50%|
|On wooden parts ( based on the car age)||5% in the first year, 10% in the second year and so on|
On the basis of duration, the depreciation value is calculated as mentioned in the table below-
|Up to 6 months||0%|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||5%|
|From 2 second year onwards||10% and so on|
Benefits of Motor Insurance Premium Calculator
Using a car insurance calculator, you can assess a wide range of options and create a customized plan for yourself. You can evaluate the insurance premium by changing the variables.
You can also save the premium by selecting the best features. It helps you to choose the most affordable car insurance plan without compromising on any of the essential aspects.
No Claim Bonus
For every claim-free year, the insured can earn up to a maximum of 50% No-Claim-Discount on insurance premium. Moreover, the validity of No-claim-bonus is up to 5 years.
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
The amount that you will receive after claiming a loss or damage to the insured vehicle is calculated on the basis of the IDV. It is the selling priced of the insured car as fixed by the manufacturer at the time of policy purchase or renewal.
Table of Depreciation in case of total loss or constructive loss of the insured car-
|Vehicle’s Age||Depreciation (%) for fixing IDV|
|Below 6 months||5|
|6 months to 12 months||15|
|1 yr to 2 yrs.||20|
|2 yrs. to 3 yrs.||30|
|3 yrs. to 4 yrs.||40|
|4 yrs. to 5 yrs||50|
Simple Steps to Compare and buy Bharti AXA Car Insurance Online
- Choose to purchase vehicle insurance online
- Submit your car details
- Provide personal details
- Check the various add-ons and optional covers and choose the one that meets your requirements
- Provide complete details and go through the car insurance quote
- Make the payment online
- You will receive the PDF of your vehicle insurance policy on your registered email id
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Renewal Online-
Car Insurance Policy can be renewed and purchased online in a smooth and seamless manner. Check out the steps below-
- Select from the following options – Renew Bharti AXA Car Insurance Policy, Renew policy from the other insurer, or buy a new car insurance policy
- Enter vehicle details and personal details.
- Select add-ons and discounts to get the final premium.
- Add complete details and check the summary. Make payment.
- The policy is sent in PDF to your mailbox.
Saving Tips to Follow at the time of Car Insurance Renewal
Here are some saving tips that you can follow while renewing a car insurance policy-
- Use the car insurance premium calculator to evaluate how the premium varies on adding a few essential optional covers to your basic plan
- Install hydrostatic lock covers to avoid engine being damaged due to floods or rains.
- Avail up to 25% of No Claim Bonus on the renewal amount.
- To avoid subsequent reduction of the value of the vehicle parts, opt for Zero Depreciation Cover. It will also help in decreasing your premium amount
- To reduce the premium further, install an anti-theft device on your car
Claim Procedure for Car Insurance
The claim procedure is speedy and hassle-free. With great convenience, you can avail cashless facility at the registered service centres of the insurer. Or choose to go for reimbursement.
How to register the vehicle insurance claim with Bharti AXA?
Intimate at their toll-free number – 1800-103-2292 or Visit their website, go to register a claim section or write to them at claims@bharti-AXAgi.co.in.
They will send you a claim registration number to be used for future reference.
Send your car for repair
Send your car for repair at the nearest network garage. Provide all the necessary documents. As soon as you reach, the surveyor will conduct a survey at the garage.
- The claim needs to be signed and duly filed. If the car is insured in the name of a company, affix the company’s seal along with it.
- Documents needed – Pan Card copy, vehicles (RC) Registration Certificate, Driving License duly attested by the insured.
- All the documents will be verified with the original documents by the surveyor
- Police FIR copy is required to register claims for own damage, third-party damage, theft or any malicious activity.
Claim Settlement Process for Bharti AXA Car Insurance
- On submission of claim documents to the surveyor, they will be put in order and will be given to the workshop in the same order
- On completion of the repair work, a re-survey may be conducted by the surveyor
- A Delivery Order will be issued by the insurer on the receipt of the repairing bills
- The car will be released from the garage after collecting the duly signed Satisfaction Voucher from the insured (In case the insured is a Firm, the company’s seal needs to be affixed)
Bharti AXA Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. What are the benefits of buying car insurance online?
A. The benefit of buying car insurance online is that it is an instant process. It saves time and effort and enables you to check out the policy features in a simple manner. You can calculate the insurance premium, get a free quote, and if all goes well, you can buy the same quote within a week.
And the best thing is that it is a paperless process. Moreover, the payment process is also made easier with various payment modes such as net banking, or debit and credit cards etc.
Q2. Is it possible to get a refund of the unused premium?
- It is possible to get the refund amount only at the time of policy cancellation. It depends on the insurance provider and is calculated for the short rate period. Before cancellation, make sure that you check the short rate calculations. Also, submit the alternate copy of policy covering third-party liability to cancel the policy.
Q3. What is an endorsement in car insurance?
- For an agreed change in the car insurance plan, written evidence is given in the form of an endorsement. It is a document with the changes that are incorporated in the policy terms and conditions.
Q4. How many add-on benefits can I opt for while buying a car insurance policy?
- You can buy as many add-ons available.
Q5. How to choose an appropriate Insured Declared Value (IDV)?
- It is the current market value of your car. IDV is the maximum amount of sum assured that you will get at the time of claim. It is important to choose an appropriate IDV because the premium is calculated on the basis of your car’s IDV at that time.
Q6. What are the benefits of buying zero depreciation policy?
- Zero depreciation proves to be useful in many ways-
- 100% claim settlement amount on depreciated parts
- Quite useful for vehicles that are less than 5 years old
- Repair cost of durable parts like batteries, airbags, nylon, tyres is covered.
- Valid for 2 permissible claims during the policy term
Q7. What are the benefits of opting for add-ons that cover Ambulance Charges?
It is beneficial in the following ways-
- 24*7 customer support for any doubts and issues
- Without worrying about the cost, you can call an ambulance from any hospital
- Hassle-free and round the clock claim assistance
Q8. Why is it important to have Gearbox and Engine Cover?
- A car’s engine and transmission system are more likely to wear and tear because of its extensive usage while driving. When a car is driven in a heavy traffic area, the gearbox is used frequently, which imposes the risk of it being damaged. If you have Gearbox and Engine Cover, you can get reimbursement of the cost incurred on replacement and repairing of the spare parts of the gearbox and engine.
Simply put, having a car insurance policy not only take care of the financial burdens but also provides you with a sense of security, whenever there is a risk of an accident, collision or car breakdown. As it assures you help anytime and anywhere as agreed at the time of policy purchase.