Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited began its operations in 2001. It is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited and world’s leading insurer Allianz SE. Bajaj Allianz has its presence in more than 800 cities across India. Bajaj Allianz claim payment ability has been recognized was recognized with iAAA rating by ICRA for 11 years consecutively. It reflects positively on companies incurred claim ratio, which is 78.50 % for the year 2015-2016.
Among the various insurance products offered by the insurer, Bajaj Allianz car insurance is worth your investment.
Advantages of Bajaj Allianz Vehicle Insurance
The insured can be benefited with the below advantages of Bajaj Allianz car insurance:
- Digitally enabled processes
- PAN India Service
- 24*7 customer assistance
- Customised insurance plans
- Quick and seamless claims Settlement
- The company has the some of the best customer reviews when it comes to car insurance in India.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plan at a Glance
Bajaj Allianz car insurance comes with the below features
|Incurred Claim Ratio||78.50%|
|CNG Kit Cover||Optional|
|No Claim Bonus Transfer||Maximum up to 50%|
|Zero Depreciation Cover||Optional|
Coverage under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Under Bajaj Allianz motor insurance, the insured vehicle is covered for below circumstances:
- Loss or damage due to the natural disasters:
The Bajaj Allianz motor insurance covers the insured for damages due to natural calamities such as fire, explosion, lightening or self-ignition, flood, earthquake, hailstorm, cyclone, storm etc.
- Loss or damage due to the man-made calamities:
Bajaj Allianz motor insurance covers the damages due to burglary, theft, strike, terrorist attack, damage during transit by road, rail, waterway, air, elevator etc.
- Personal Accident Cover
Under Bajaj Allianz motor insurance, the owner-driver is insured for Rs. 2 lakh personal accident cover. An optional personal accident cover is also available for Passenger/ Paid Driver/ driver/ Insured.
- Legal Liability Coverage
Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance protects the insured for legal liabilities arising out of an accidental damage, death or injury to a third party.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Policy Highlights
The highlights of Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance include:
- Easy and instant policy Bajaj Allianz motor insurance renewal
- 24×7 Roadside Assistance facility just a call away
- With Bajaj car insurance, avail cashless services at 4000+ network garages
- Track and monitor your vehicle with Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance DriveSmart Telematics Service
- Towing facility in case of car breakdown under Bajaj Allianz motor Insurance
Key Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
The various perks of opting or Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance include:
- Car repairing assistance in more than 4000 network garages where you can get cashless claim settlement
- Option to choose 24×7 emergency roadside assistance, which is just a call away
- 24×7 claim assistance through SMS, emails, and phone call, even on holidays
- Track and monitor your vehicle with Bajaj Allianz motor insurance DriveSmart Service
- Transfer of no-claim bonus from previous policy (maximum up to 50%)
- Option to choose zero depreciation as add-on cover with Bajaj Allianz Vehicle Insurance
- Avail towing assistance in case of vehicle breakdown or collision
Sum Insured (IDV) with Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
The Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) of Bajaj Allianz Motor insurance is the maximum sum insured to be provided by the car insurance provider in the event of total loss or damage or theft of the insured vehicle. Basically, it is the current market value of the vehicle, on which the premium is calculated at the time of policy renewal or purchase.
The IDV of a car with fitted accessories is to be calculated at the time of policy purchase or renewal on the basis of the selling price listed by the manufacturer of a particular brand and model. The depreciation is also adjusted on the basis of the car age as mentioned in the table below. It is applicable for claims arising out of total loss or constructive total loss only.
The insurer calculates the depreciation while deciding the IDV under Bajaj Allianz motor insurance on the basis of the vehicle age. The approximate age-wise depreciation is:
|Car Age||Depreciation (%)|
|Up to 6 months||5%|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||15%|
|6 months-1 year||20%|
|1 year-2 years||30%|
|2 years-3 years||40%|
|3 years-4 years||50%|
Vehicles that are more than 5 years old or models that are no longer manufactured, there IDV is calculated on the mutual understanding between the insurance provider and the policyholder
In case of total Loss or constructive total loss claims, IDV of Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance should be considered as the ‘Vehicle’s Market Value’ throughout the policy tenure without applying the depreciation value
Note – the Constructive total loss is when the aggregate cost of loss or repair comes out to be more than 75% of the IDV of the vehicle. This is subjected to policy terms and conditions
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Premium Calculator
Calculating your car insurance premium is easy even before you buy Bajaj Allianz Vehicle insurance. By making the online buying process convenient for the insurance seekers, Bajaj Allianz allows you to calculate car insurance premiums through Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Premium Calculator. It is an online tool that enables you to calculate the premium. To avail this facility, just visit the official website of the insurer, navigate through the Premium Calculator option, fill the required form by mentioning the necessary details such as car make and model, personal details such as name, contact number etc. and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Once you submit the information, Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Premium Calculator will suggest the plans with the premiums that suit your requirement. This is the most convenient way to know the premiums to be paid.
Choosing Right Car Insurance Add-on
To ensure coverage in the time of crisis, you can get the following add-on covers in your Bajaj Allianz car insurance plan –
- Personal Baggage Cover – In the event of any loss or damage caused to the personal belongings that are kept in the car, then it shall be reimbursed as a part of the Bajaj Allianz motor insurance policy.
- 24×7 Roadside Assistance – Emergency roadside assistance is provided all over India to the insured member under Bajaj Allianz motor insurance. It includes assistance in the event of car battery damage, flat tire, breakdown due to an accident and similar circumstances.
- Jumpstart the Battery – If the battery of the insured vehicle runs down, under the coverage of Bajaj Allianz motor insurance policy, the provider will arrange help to jump-start the engine, to help it reach the nearest workshop for further assistance.
- Lock and Key Replacement Cover – If the car keys are lost or left inside the car, assistance will be provided to recover the same, which includes the cost of new keys and locks.
- Expenses Incurred on Replacing/Replenishing the Consumables – The Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance plan includes expenses incurred in replacing or repairing the engine oil, coolant, brake oil, gearbox oil, following an accident.
- Accident Cover – In the event of accidental death, bodily injuries or permanent disabilities caused to the occupants riding in the insured vehicle ( other than a hired driver)
- Conveyance benefit – If the insured car is getting repaired in a networking workshop after an accidental damage, the policyholder will get ‘per day’ cash benefit, under Bajaj Allianz car insurance, basis on the plan opted.
Discounts Offered by Bajaj Car Insurance
Discount on premium is offered under Bajaj Allianz car insurance if:
- The insured is a member of a reputed automobile association
- For installing anti-theft device
- Discount is offered if you decide to pay a portion of the total claim
- Moreover, by availing Bajaj Allianz car quotes online, you can avail additional discount as well
- No Claim Bonus for not claiming your insurance. NCB bonus can be ranging from 20% up to a maximum of 50%. Consider the below table to know about NCB to be earned under Bajaj car insurance:
|No of Year||NCB Bonus (%)|
|One claim-free year||20|
|Two continuous claim-free year||25|
|Three continuous claim-free year||35|
|Four continuous claim-free year||45|
|Five continuous claim-free year||50|
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Plan Table
Let’s have a brief idea on various plans available under Bajaj Allianz car insurance:
|Parameters||Best Value||Standard||Flexible Plan|
|Own damage premium||Low||Regular||Enhanced|
|Basic third party liability||in-built||in-built||in-built|
|PA-cover for owner/driver||in-built||in-built||in-built|
|PA-cover for co-passenger||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Coverage for Electrical accessories||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|CNG Kit Coverage||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Voluntary Deductible – Save Premium||Optional||No||Optional|
|24×7 roadside assistance||In-built||In-built||In-built|
Bajaj Vehicle Insurance Eligibility
All vehicle owners are eligible to avail Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance, irrespective of their age.
Bajaj Allianz Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Bajaj Allianz also offers insurance to various commercial vehicles under Bajaj Allianz motor insurance. The insurer only offers liability coverage for commercial vehicles, which is also a mandatory purchase by the Motor Vehicles Act.
Features & Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Commercial Vehicle Plan
This policy covers the insured vehicle for:
- Cover for causing accidental injury or death to other people
- Cover for accidental damage to other people’s property
Bajaj Allianz Commercial Vehicle Eligibility
All the vehicle owners having light and heavy commercial vehicles are eligible to apply for this plan.
Bajaj Allianz Vehicle Insurance Claim Process
To ensure a seamless claim process with Bajaj Allianz, the following steps are to be followed:
- Claim Registration
In the event of an accident or theft of the insured car, immediately register a claim. You can register the claim online, over email or by contacting on their toll-free number – 1800-209-5858. Once connected, the Bajaj Allianz car insurance customer care executive will take you through the entire Car Insurance claim procedure.
Documents to be furnished while claiming Bajaj motor insurance
- Date and time of the accident
- Car engine and chassis number
- Vehicle inspection address
- Location and description of the accident
- Kilometer Reading
- Copy of FIR in case of theft or police report in case of an accident
- It is important to file a police complaint in case of theft, along with other required documents at the time of registering the claim.
Claim-wise Documents for Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
In case of Accident
- Register a claim with duly signed Claim Form
- Copy of Driving License, RC book, Policy document
- FIR, if required. Don’t forget to note down the contact details of witness and vehicle number involved in accident
- Original repair bill
- Receipt of invoice in case of cashless claim
- If it is a reimbursement claim, provide total repair bills, original invoice and receipt of payment
In case of Theft
- Register the claim and fill the claim form
- Original keys with Copy of Driving License, RC book, Policy document
- Police FIR copy
- Duly signed Form 28, 29, 30 and Form 35
- Submission of ‘No Trace Report’ obtained from the Police, in case the vehicle is non-traceable
In case of Third Party Claims
- Register the claim immediately
- Submit Police FIR copy
- Copy of Driving License, policy document and vehicle’s RC book
- Inspection of the Vehicle
A representative from the insurance company will investigate the vehicle and will estimate the level of damage. The insurance coverage will be given based on the report made by the surveyor.
- Send Your Car for Repair, If Required
In the event of a car collision or accidental damage, take it to the nearest garage for repair or if it is immovable get it towed to a garage in your vicinity.
- Final Stage- Claim Settlement of Bajaj Motor Insurance
Provide all the copies of the documents to the registered workshop where your car is getting repaired and get all the document copies verified with the originals from the officials handling Bajaj vehicle insurance. Once this is done, the Bajaj Allianz car insurance team will make the payment for the car damage repair to the network garage once it is completed.
All the excessive payments to be made by the policyholder including the salvage, depreciation amount, which will be informed to you by their assessor.
If the damage of your car can be repaired on the spot, you can take on the spot Bajaj Allianz Mobile settlement service.
Bajaj Allianz Third Party Car Insurance Plan
Third party motor insurance, also referred as Liability Insurance and Act Only policy, is a mandatory requirement as per the law. It is known as liability insurance policy as the beneficiary is other than the insured person. However, it bears the liabilities on the insured arising for death/injury of third party or property damage to third party. Third party liability insurance under Bajaj Allianz vehcile insurance indemnify the policyholder in case he/she is sued by a third party due to injury or damage caused by the insured vehicle.
Coverage offered under Bajaj Allianz Third Party Insurance
The third party coverage under Bajaj Allianz motor insurance covers you against:
- Liability expenses due to accidental injury or death to other people
- Cover for accidental damage to other people’s property
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Inclusions
When the insurance provider tries to cover every possible circumstance, certain conditions are still not feasible under Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance: These include:
Personal Accident Cover: In the event of an accidental death or accidental permanent disabilities, up to Rs. 2 lakhs shall be compensated to the insured or to the legal heirs of the policyholder unde Bajaj motor insurance
Loss/damage due to man-made disasters: It covers the damage caused to the insured car due to the following reasons – theft, strike, terrorist activity, malicious act, burglary, and any damage that has taken place in transit by rail, road, air, inland waterway, lift or elevator.
Loss or damage due to natural disaster: This includes damage resulting from self-ignition, fire, flood, earthquake, cyclone, hurricane, inundation, landslide etc.
Third-Party Legal Liability: Any legal liabilities arising due to accidental loss or damage caused to a third-party property, vehicle or person including accidental death or injuries.
Exclusions under Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
- Routine wear and tear of the insured car
- Driving the vehicle without a valid driving license
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxication
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the car
- Depreciation of the vehicle
- Any consequential loss
- Wear and tear of tubes and tires unless the damaged is caused to the vehicle at the same time. In such cases, only 50% of the damage will be reimbursed by the insurer
- Loss or damage to the vehicle resulting due to war conditions, nuclear attacks or mutiny
*Refer to the policy document for the extensive list of exclusion
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Renewal
In order to enjoy continuous policy benefits, you will have to renew Bajaj motor insurance on time. Usually, Bajaj Car Insurance is a one-year policy. However, you can opt for multi-year policy as well. You can either renew the policy online or offline. However, the online process is more convenient.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Renewal Online
Bajaj Allianz has made renewal process very easy by introducing Baja Allianz car insurance renewal online. With the internet booming day by day, there is no need to stand in a queue for hours to renew car insurance.
It is every easy to go with the process of Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal which takes a few clicks and your policy is active again.
To process Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the insurer
- Navigate through ‘Renewal Online’ option
- Select the policy
- Provide the basic information such as insured name, mobile number, email address, vehicle RC number, policy number etc. to initiate Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal
- After providing these information, click on proceed for renewal
- Calculate the premium
- If the offered premium suits you, pay the amount online using various online payment modes and complete the process of Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal
Things to be Mentioned
There are certain things to be mentioned at the time of Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal online. It includes:
- Name of the insured (to be mentioned on Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal notice)
- Client Id (to be mentioned on Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal notice)
- Engine number of the vehicle
- Chassis number of your car
- Registration number of your car (to be mentioned on Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal notice)
It is essential to ensure your policy is active wherever you drive your vehicle. If the policy is not renewed before the expiry of the renewal date, you can’t claim the policy in case of an emergency. That’s why on-time Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal is essential.
Why to Apply Online for Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance?
The benefit of availing Bajaj vehicle insurance is manifold. However, the most important benefit is it enables you to compare the plans as per their offerings and premiums. You can avail discount for buying online. Moreover, it is the most convenient way of buying insurance. It requires less paperwork and minimal formalities. You can avail the e-copy that is easy to keep and carry. Moreover, at the time of Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal, with online insurance you can compare other plans as well and port.
Value Added Service- Bajaj Allianz Vehicle Insurance DriveSmart Service
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance DriveSmart Telematics Device is the vehicle tracking system introduce by the insurer to its customers in India. It is an added benefit offered by the insurer, which helps in monitoring the driving pattern and behavior of the driver. It also tracks the condition of the car’s battery and engine.
Moreover, one can keep a track of the vehicle and easily locate it through Bajaj Allianz car insurance DriveSmart device and thus ensuring complete safety and security.
Benefits of Opting for DriveSmart Service with Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance
Opting for DriveSmart service with vehicle insurance has the following benefits –
- Easy to Check Car’s Working Condition- Bajaj Allianz car insurance Drive Smart service helps in diagnosing the condition of your car’s engine and battery.
- Monitoring Pattern of Driving- Get a summary of the total distance traveled in a day, the maximum speed at which the car was driven, braking pattern, the longest trip took, and similar statistics.
- Vehicle Tracking- Bajaj Allianz car insurance Drive Smart service provides you the details of the last location along with navigation details of your car. The location can easily be shared via SMS, Whatsapp, and email.
- Personalization of Routes – Bajaj Allianz car insurance Drive Smart service can help you create personalized trips, which you can see on a map, and provides interesting route statistics shares interesting statistics about the route, which you can share on social media.
- Emergency Notification – It provides notification in case of over speeding, low battery indication, alerts about the date of servicing date, the expiry of driving license etc.
- Help and Support – For any automobile related queries you can seek expert advice through the Bajaj Allianz car insurance DriveSmart Telematics Device
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Review
If we talk about Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Review, the insurer is at per at offering insurance coverage. When it comes to providing optimum insurance protection to your prized possession, Bajaj Allianz car insurance is worth mentioning. With more than 4000 network garages offering cashless services, Bajaj Allianz car insurance actually has value in the market. Apart from the basic policy coverage, the add-on coverage offered under Bajaj Allianz car insurance such as road-side assistance, zero depreciation, accident shield etc. offer an all-inclusive financial protection.
Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
You can contact Bajaj Allianz car insurance customer care to inquire anything related to your policy at the toll-free number- 1800-209-5858.
Bajaj Allianz Vehicle Insurance FAQs
Q1. What are the benefits of purchasing a car insurance policy online?
If you buy a car insurance policy online-
- You can avail certain discounts online
- It’s easy to compare a number of car insurance plans from different car insurance providers
- Quick and hassle-free claim intimation and settlement process
Q2. What is a No-Claim-Bonus in car insurance?
The insured is entitled to a no-claim-bonus for all the claim free years. It is the discount on the car insurance premium that is provided to the insured at the time of policy renewal.
Q3. What are the benefits of add-on covers in a car insurance policy?
There are several benefits that one can get with add-on covers by paying an additional premium amount. Some of the benefits are listed below-
- Conveyance benefit is provided, which includes cash benefit on daily basis after the acceptance of the claim. This is applicable if the insured car is getting repaired in a garage after an accident.
- 24×7 roadside assistance, which includes flat tyre repair assistance, car breakdown cover, jump start for a car battery, and assistance under any such emergency situations
- Personal baggage cover, which includes reimbursement of the loss and damage caused to the belongings kept in the insured vehicle
- In case of an irreparable loss of car keys or a security risk arising out of the loss of the keys, lock and key replacement service is provided
- Personal accident cover, which includes accidental death, total permanent disabilities and bodily injury resulting from an accident while traveling in the insured car
- Covers consumable expenses incurred on the purchase or replacement of consumables such as coolant, Engine oil, Power steering oil, Gearbox oil, Brake oil, following an accident
Q4. Can I transfer my NCB when I switch my car insurance policy?
No-claim bonus can be transferred while switching your car insurance provider. It depends on the number of claim free years, as it reflects positively on your driving record and car maintenance. No claim bonus is not applicable to third party damages.
Q5. What is a comprehensive car insurance policy?
A comprehensive car insurance policy offers protection to your car against theft, collision and accidental damage. It also includes damage resulting due to fire, earthquake, floods etc. It also covers third-party liability damage.
Q6. What is the significance of Insured Declared Value or IDV while calculating car insurance premium?
IDV is the current market value of a vehicle that you get after deducting the depreciation on its parts. The registration cost of the vehicle is also excluded. The IDV of non-factor fitted parts is calculated separately.
Q7. What do you mean by compulsory deductibles?
It is the amount that the insured needs to pay from his/her own pocket. For instance, in the event of an accident, the cost of repair comes up to Rs. 10,000 then as mentioned in the documents, the insurance company will pay 8,000 and remaining amount i.e. the deductibles will be paid by the policyholder.
Q8. What is zero depreciation in car insurance?
Zero depreciation is provided in comprehensive car insurance. In case of an accidental damage or collision, the insurance company will compensate the entire cost without any deductions. One can buy it as an add-on cover at the time of policy purchase.
Q9. Can I renew Bajaj Allianz car insurance offline?
A: Yes you can. Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal is possible offline by visiting the nearest branch of Bajaj Allianz. You can approach the concerned officer to renew your Bajaj Allianz car insurance and pay the premium either by cash or cheque.
Q10. Does Bajaj Allianz have direct settlement facility on car insurance policies?
A: Bajaj Allianz car insurance cashless claim can be made only if the repair of the insured vehicle is done at a network garage.
Q11. How to avail instant claim assistance under Bajaj Allianz car insurance?
A: To initiate claim assistance instantly you can call Bajaj Allianz car insurance customer care number and register a claim.
Q12. What if my Bajaj Allianz car insurance expires?
A: Bajaj Allianz car insurance is valid for one year and after which Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal is essential to enjoy the policy uninterruptedly. In case the policy expires, you should approach the insurer and renew Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance by paying the required penalties.
Q13. Is it possible to alter IDV of my insured car with Bajaj Allianz car insurance?
A: You can alter the IDV of your car up to a defined slab only at the time of Bajaj Allianz car insurance renewal. In order to get further assistance you can call on their too-free number mentioned above.
Q14. How to avail Bajaj Allianz car insurance review?
A: At the time of buying Bajaj Allianz vehicle insurance, you can browse for the customer reviews on the website. There are aggregator websites as well who upload reviews of various insurers. It is better you consider Bajaj Allianz car insurance review before zeroing down on a plan.